Problem with MouseClick command...

Hi,

I am fairly new to AutoIt and just wrote some small scripts to get a feeling for the "how-to's".

What I find strange is the command MouseClick. If i use it, AutoIt simulates (a dang slow) movement of the mouse across the screen until it reaches the specified coordinates. On my (graphical) business machine with a resolution of > 2000 pixels horizontal and about 1400 pixels vertical it often takes 4-5 seconds for the mouse to arrive on the coordinates specified. this is MUCH too slow.

Is there an option I missed or some other trick where i just "SET" the mouseposition to a specified coordinate without having to wait eons for the mouse to "move" there... ?

There's a MouseGetPos command, but unfortunately no MouseSetPos.

I know there exist WM_ messages in Windows that allow the direct setting of a position.

Any way to do this? Because this slow movement makes it almost impossible (and very ineffective) for me to use this about perfect script language.

Thanks for any help on this!

Cheers, Mike

there's the mousemove command - I will try speed setting to 100.

100?

From the helpfile:

the speed to move the mouse in the range 1 (fastest) to 100 (slowest). A speed of 0 will move the mouse instantly. Default speed is 10.

I think you want to use 0 for the speed value.

But I guess your mouse hasn't arrived yet so you might not yet be able to post :).

Edited by sugi

100?

From the helpfile:

I think you want to use 0 for the speed value.

But I guess your mouse hasn't arrived yet so you might not yet be able to post ;).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes yes :) you are sooo right :)

seems like i have my confuse day today. of course i take the value 0...

thank you!

gris

Edited by Grisgram