Disable system restore

Sanix

• Moderators

I'm a new user of AutoIt. First of all, is there any ebook or something where I can learn the scripting sequentially?

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21048

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...mp;highlite=%2B

My question is how can I disable system restore uring autoit?

Why?

Edit:

Had quotes backwards :)

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

lol Because he wants to make a so called "Hack" in auto it, no there is not, as system restore is done before you load ANY programs or anything, even startup programs. This is not possible in AutoIT

~TK

Going to sound like I'm busting your chops here, but I'm not. It's one thing to discourage someone from doing something, especially if they signed up and their very first post is something questionable (such as this), but another to give false information all together.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

lol Because he wants to make a so called "Hack" in auto it, no there is not, as system restore is done before you load ANY programs or anything, even startup programs. This is not possible in AutoIT

~TK

Yes TK is right, I do want to create a hack in autoit .. but not just for the sake of disabling system restore. But I'm working on a virus removal tool that needs system restore disabled first. So I want to disable system restore from autoit automatically without user intervention.

I have System Restore disabled by default in my NLite build.

You are wrong to think that disabling it is a security risk. The system restore file that is generated can be cracked easily and you know what else? System Restore doesn't do shit! End users run it every time they get a popup, next thing you hear "I can't find my family photo album and internet explorer doesn't work"

Oh, did you do a system restore? Sorry end user.

Trying to remove spyware? Oh crap its still in the system restore file after i've deleted it. Dang, wish I had disabled that.

Edited by weaponx

@all

This is what will Enable / Disable the System Restore.

; Disable System Restore

; ------ SCRIPT CONFIGURATION ------
$strComputer = "<ComputerName>"
; ------ END CONFIGURATION ---------

$objWmi = ObjGet("winmgmts://" & $strComputer & "/root/default:SystemRestore")
$objWmi.Disable("")

ConsoleWrite ("System Restore disabled")

Regards

ptrex