Getting/setting in SysListView

Guest larsivi

Guest larsivi

I'm using AutoIt3 to set up an ODBC data source, using odbcad32.exe. To create a new source, I need to select a driver from a list (The control is called SysListView321 according to the Spy.). I can select by sending letters (e.g. M to select a Microsoft driver), but this doesn't help me finding the drivers available and selecting according to that information. The Spy tells me that the text of the SysListView321 is "List1".

As it is, I want to use an Oracle driver if it is present, otherwise I'll use a driver provided by Microsoft. To be sure that I select the correct driver (In case some is missing, messing up the number of letters that must be sent), I want to search in the text and select by using text.

Any tips?

Edit: By sending the exact name of the driver, the correct driver is selected. I still don't know how to check if one is present, though.

Edited by larsivi

• 8 months later...
Guest iampedro

I'm using AutoIt3 to set up an ODBC data source, using odbcad32.exe. To create a new source, I need to select a driver from a list (The control is called SysListView321 according to the Spy.). I can select by sending letters (e.g. M to select a Microsoft driver), but this doesn't help me finding the drivers available and selecting according to that information. The Spy tells me that the text of the SysListView321 is "List1".

As it is, I want to use an Oracle driver if it is present, otherwise I'll use a driver provided by Microsoft. To be sure that I select the correct driver (In case some is missing, messing up the number of letters that must be sent), I want to search in the text and select by using text.

Any tips?

Edit: By sending the exact name of the driver, the correct driver is selected. I still don't know how to check if one is present, though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can you please post some of your code... I am a new person to auto IT and programming and I am looking to see about creating an ODBC connection also...

Could you please help me out..

Guest larsivi

Can you please post some of your code... I am a new person to auto IT and programming and I am looking to see about creating an ODBC connection also...

Could you please help me out..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would love to help you out, but I found an easier workaround (that is, get someone else to do it.)