stuka

Ideas anyone?

You can go with ProcessMonitor from Sysinternals (Microsoft). Here's the full suite http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysintern...rnalsSuite.mspx

You can also go with FileMon which is included in Process Monitor but you can just use FileMon directly.

Edited by MadBoy

My little company: Evotec (PL version: Evotec)

something...AutoIt? :)

Why don't you try coding it yourself, should be pretty easy:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysintern...sk/Filemon.mspx ]How FileMon Works

For the Windows 9x driver, the heart of FileMon is in the virtual device driver, Filevxd.vxd. It is dynamically loaded, and in its initialization it installs a file system filter via the VxD service, IFSMGR_InstallFileSystemApiHook, to insert itself onto the call chain of all file system requests. On Windows NT the heart of FileMon is a file system driver that creates and attaches filter device objects to target file system device objects so that FileMon will see all IRPs and FastIO requests directed at drives. When FileMon sees an open, create or close call, it updates an internal hash table that serves as the mapping between internal file handles and file path names. Whenever it sees calls that are handle based, it looks up the handle in the hash table to obtain the full name for display. If a handle-based access references a file opened before FileMon started, FileMon will fail to find the mapping in its hash table and will simply present the handle's value instead.

Information on accesses is dumped into an ASCII buffer that is periodically copied up to the GUI for it to print in its listbox.

"be smart, drink your wine"

• Moderators

Anyone else?

Siao gave you a place to start... what have you attempted to do to accomplish the task yourself? You can't expect someone to code it for you just because you want it.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

No, I need an AutoIt example only. I don't expect someone to code the whole thing.

At least I'll get a head start...an idea

There are no autoit examples without someone coding it from some other example. That was the point of directing you to Marks work, where you could take your time and translate as much as possible (after doing some home work of course). Then after you've started to do the work, I'm sure others would be happy to start assisting you.

This would be of interest to many I'm sure, myself included, but I have no need for the function or the functionality at this point, so I wouldn't put in the hour(s) of research to help until I was sure you had first.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.