stuka

22:44:12 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.9.0
>Running AU3Check (1.54.9.0)  from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta
C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Examples\My Stuff\trick_old1.au3(17,17) : ERROR: missing EndIf.
                Func
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Examples\My Stuff\trick_old1.au3(11,133) : REF: missing EndIf.
            If StringInStr($sReadFile, "open=") Or StringInStr($sReadFile, "shellexecute=") Or StringInStr($sReadFile, "shell") Then
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Examples\My Stuff\trick_old1.au3(17,17) : ERROR: missing Next.
                Func
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Examples\My Stuff\trick_old1.au3(9,20) : REF: missing Next.
        For $i = 1 To
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Examples\My Stuff\trick_old1.au3(17,17) : ERROR: missing EndIf.
                Func
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Examples\My Stuff\trick_old1.au3(8,23) : REF: missing EndIf.
    If Not @error Then
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Examples\My Stuff\trick_old1.au3(17,17) : ERROR: missing Wend.
                Func
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Examples\My Stuff\trick_old1.au3(4,1) : REF: missing Wend.
While
^
C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Examples\My Stuff\trick_old1.au3(48,13) : ERROR: syntax error
            EndIf
~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Examples\My Stuff\trick_old1.au3(7,35) : ERROR: GetRemAndFixedDrives(): undefined function.
$DrivesArr = GetRemAndFixedDrives()
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Examples\My Stuff\trick_old1.au3 - 6 error(s), 0 warning(s)
!>22:44:12 AU3Check ended.rc:2
+>22:44:12 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished
>Exit code: 0   Time: 0.419

8)

NEWHeader1.png

I have this script which scans all drives to see if a certain file exists. It it does, a msg box will pop up to warn the user. But the problem is, it freezes the script so it doesn't continue scanning. This problem will ultimately fail its primary function as a real-time scanner.

So I thought of using a GUI window instead. But I was stumbled upon another problem. Too many GUI windows appear at once when multiple detections are detected and removed. On top of that, the 'OK' button only works once, after clicking on the first occurrence of the GUI window, the only GUI window's 'OK' window does not respond.

Is there a way for the GUI windows to queue up as the script does it job? Only after the user clicks on OK, only does the next GUI window appear, without affecting the running script? Or maybe there's a way to prevent the script from pausing when a msg box appears? Think AVG Free(when it detects multiple viruses)

I have the GUI example ready already(not in the script above), any type of GUI window will do in this case...

There only needs to be one GUI. When you say "Only after the user clicks on OK, only does the next GUI window appear..." you are confusing the hypothetical GUI with just another MsgBox. Two things you want to learn how to do, and it would be best to learn them with a separate test script, not in the middle of your scanner project. Set the scanner aside for a day and work out the GUI in a test script first. The two things to learn are:

1. A GUI with a List control in it to display the found files. Start from the example script in the help file under GuiCtrlCreateList.

2. Operate the GUI in GuiOnEventMode, so your scanner can continue it's work and not be trapped in a GuiGetMsg loop.

P.S. In your script as posted, you are declaring a function inside a loop. That's just plain wrong and shows people who might want to help that you have not even made the most basic effort to clean up egregious errors that SciTE is already pointing out to you. Clean it up before you post it.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law