Simple Screenshot Taker 1.0

JustinReno

Simple Screenshot Taker 1.0

Simple Screenshot Taker 1.0 takes screenshots of your screen with a very simple gui/with a built in viewer.

To-Do:

1. Fix GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

Bugs:

1. If you click close on the picture viewer, it quits the whole application.

Download:

Ripway:

http://h1.ripway.com/mrreno/SimpleScreenshotTaker1.0.exe

Source:

$Form1 = GUICreate("Simple Screenshot Taker 1.0", 284, 42, 193, 115)
$Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Where do you want the picture saved?", 0, 0, 188, 17)
$Input1 = GUICtrlCreateInput("" & @ScriptDir & "\Picture.bmp", 0, 16, 177, 21)
$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Go", 192, 0, 43, 17, 0)
$Button2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Open", 240, 0, 43, 17, 0)
$Button3 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Help", 192, 24, 43, 17, 0)
$Button4 = GUICtrlCreateButton("About", 240, 24, 43, 17, 0)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $Button1
            GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $Form1)
            _ScreenCap_Capture (GUICtrlRead($Input1))
            GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $Form1)
            MsgBox(48, "Simple Screenshot Taker 1.0", "Done!")
        Case $Button2
            Opt("GuiResizeMode", 1)
            $Form12 = GUICreate("Simple Screenshot Taker 1.0 Picture Viewer", 629, 450, "", "", 0x00CF0000, 0x00010000)
            $Pic12 = GUICtrlCreatePic("" & GUICtrlRead($Input1) & "", 0, 0, 628, 420)
            $Button12 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Open Another Picture", 0, 424, 627, 25, 0)
            GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
            While 1
                $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
                Switch $nMsg
                    Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                        Exit
                    Case $Button12
                        $OpenPic = FileOpenDialog("Simple Screenshot Taker 1.0 : Select a picture to open", "", "Pictures(*.jpg; *.bmp;)")
                        GUICtrlDelete($Pic12)
                        GUICtrlCreatePic($OpenPic, 0, 0, 628, 420)
                EndSwitch
            WEnd
        Case $Button3
            MsgBox(32, "Simple Screenshot Taker 1.0 Help", "This little program takes a picture of your screen and saves it in to an image. To use, type the path of where you want the picture, then press Go. If you press Open, you can view the iamge you just took.")
        Case $Button4
            MsgBox(64, "Simple Screenshot Taker 1.0", "Simple ScreenShot Taker 1.0 Copyright Justin Reno 2007.")
    EndSwitch
WEnd
Edited by JustinReno

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

any src code available?

the guys here do not like precompilled scripts :)

$a=StringSplit("547275737420796F757220546563686E6F6C75737421","")
For $b=1 To UBound($a)+(-1*-1*-1)step(2^4/8);&$b+=1*2/40*µ&Asc(4)
Assign("c",Eval("c")&Chr(Dec($a[$b]&$a[$b+1])));''Chr("a")&"HI"
Next ;time_U&r34d,ths,U-may=get$the&c.l.u.e;b3st-regards,JRSmile;
MsgBox(0x000000,"",Eval("c"));PiEs:d0nt+*b3.s4d.4ft3r.1st-try:-)

If thats the case, why can't you post it?

Seriously... PaulIA's _ScreenCap() makes it a piece of cake... For example:

#include <A3LScreenCap.au3>

Global $hGUI

; Create GUI
$hGUI  = GUICreate("Screen Capture", 400, 300)
GUISetState()

; Capture window
_ScreenCap_CaptureWnd("C:\Image.jpg", $hGUI)

So, if it is so easy to make, why hide the code? :)

Edited by Piano_Man
My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

Because I choose to. Its just too easy, why would you want the code when you could make one in five minutes and not copy someone else's?

And why would I want to ruin AutoIt's name??? :);):P :P It's annoying when paranoid/suspicious people would think that I'd mask a virus in a screenshot program. ;):dance::cheer::lol::bye::):D

Edited by JustinReno

This section is for example scripts so that other users can learn from them, how are people supposed to know how you did this if you don't release the source. I personally would like to see how you put it together.

alien13

Too bad I'm not paranoid or suspicious about my own source code for such an easy program to create, only 41 lines of code. :)

It's not about being paranoid either suspicious, it is about not understanding the spirit of this great community. There would not be any AutoIt, Firefox, Thunderbird, GPG, Linux now just to name a few samples, if all of us shared your way of thinking. Posted Image

And we are talking of millions of lines of code that developers are sharing with each others every day. Welcome to the internet, dude! ;)

hi everybody if u want a code for one check out mine.

I made mine before you so i think you may of just used mine and changed the name a the code and the gui.

Mine is only 48 lines of code, but if u take out all the line spaces, the koda region bit and the ;Capture full screen bit,... oh look MINE is only 41 lines of code...(Also mine was out before yours)

So i think that u have just done that and posted it a as a EXE so people dont know that you dont do your own work...

Also Mine has an viewer, and im trying to make it so people can crop it, or pick there region that they want to take so if any body can help i would be so happy.

Heres the link again.

Next time do your own work..

hi everybody if u want a code for one check out mine.

I made mine before you so i think you may of just used mine and changed the name a the code and the gui.

Mine is only 48 lines of code, but if u take out all the line spaces, the koda region bit and the ;Capture full screen bit,... oh look MINE is only 41 lines of code...(Also mine was out before yours)

So i think that u have just done that and posted it a as a EXE so people dont know that you dont do your own work...

Also Mine has an viewer, and im trying to make it so people can crop it, or pick there region that they want to take so if any body can help i would be so happy.

Heres the link again.

Next time do your own work..

This is the most childish comment I've seen here... If he doesn't want to post the code, then leave him alone and don't use his program. This isn't a competition. And remember that both of you are using someone else's UDF's!

It's annoying when paranoid/suspicious people would think that I'd mask a virus in a screenshot program.

I happen to think it's annoying when paranoid/suspicious people get all uptight over a few lines of code...

I'm amused by the statements often in your source/forum posts: Copyright Justin Reno. If I used some of your code, let me know and I'll give you credit...

Get real man... You can't copyright code you didn't write. Well, you can, and you can get sued when it's found out.

And as has been mentioned, you're likely using UDF's written by somebody else. If the majority of the work was actually done by someone else, what's the point in trying to guard your contribution? What is the actual code percentage breakdown between the UDF and your bit? If there are more lines of code in the UDF, I'd be hard pressed to say I actually 'wrote' anything... Your mileage may vary, of course...

Haha Ashely, If you aren't paranoid and look at the exe GUI mine is way smaller, and if not a selfish retarded copy of your code.

HeffeD: I'm not copying anyones code except ScrenCap_Capture. Your sure going to sure me for copying a free line of code from a UDF? All of my code is copyright besides the UDF included.

And as I said, I'm not suspicous nor am going to release the source, for now, and it's my own choosing to release my source, it will happen in the future to release it. But for now, I'm making it better and not releasing the source yet. Is that all right with everyone who has talked crap here?

And again Ashley, you shouldn't hi-jack other poeples thread with your work. And, your code is a complete utter mess!

1. The hotkeys don't work, if you look in the helpfile then you know you can't do hotkeys with CTRL and ALT.

2. After the screenshot is taken, it opens the viewer, but doesn't load the image.

3. And you lied, If you remove the unnessesary crap in your code its still 70 lines.

4. And it doesn't hide the GUI as nessesary to take the screenshot.

Edited by JustinReno