Simple Screenshot Taker 1.0

JustinReno

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you saying my script is low lying and a piece of crap?

All i am saying is that i have seen 100 notepads, 100 media players and 99 web browsers so far. I haven't yet posted in example scripts because i think that more experienced people with more advanced scripts should be posting here.. This is the image of forum (and the ruined one of chat) and the image of AutoIt's abilities. Lets just keep a higher level, posting more hard-worked stuff. This is the reason why people have autoit forums as a joke (mostly from chat forum)... I love autoit and loved it's forums, but they seem to get worse day by day with lame things happening (not talking about your script)

I believe the main reason why this is happening is that many users build their life around the chat forum instead of AutoIt itself.As i meantioned in the topic that i linked to, i have full respect to some users just because they use real autoit and they help as much as they can instead of only chatting. You might want to consider my opinion...

Sorry if i offended anyone and for my bad english.

Edited by Gif

this is a really dumb topic, [almost] everyone can agree. "A forum to share your cool scripts, User Defined Functions and AutoIt-based applications with others. " is the description for the Example Scripts Forum (you missed the cool and the share [for a while]). Now I think it is generally understood that these scripts, UDFs, and apps should have a purpose. To create an application that takes pictures of you sceen and then lets you view them? I would almost want to know if you are kidding. Possible purposes: helping the community by letting others learn from a well-written example, providing an application others may find themselves using at times, or even showing off a cool script to prove your experience and skill. This script does none of those. It doesn't even work without add-ons. The executable is pointless, since anyone can press the button labeled PrtScn, open MSPaint, press paste in some way, and click save. Yes, your program makes the process simpler, but not (in my opinion) simple enough to post. Maybe one that is always running, and when one presses PrtScn, will auto-save the image into a predefined location, titled as the time and date. That people might find useful. This script/.exe does not show experience or skill, as you said yourself, anyone can write one in about 5 minutes. You actually said something like, why would anyone want to see the source. So to back Gif up, your script is low lying, although beats a piece of crap. ("low" is a word of comparison, compared to other scripts, this is "low")

This is a cool script, to me. And WHY have YOU been targeting and posting crap on all of my topics? This is a useful script, I use it alot. Not Simple Enough to post? Can you post a simpler screenshot taker? Who says the script had to show experience or skill?? Is that one of the rules I missed? Edited by JustinReno

The big font and caps isn't necessary. I give my input, you can calmly tell me you don't like it.

If everyone posted what was cool to him/her, people could post

;

and get away with it if he/she thought it was cool. That's not the intent.

Why did I target you: 1. You had a lot of newer scripts, I see the forum sorted by date. 2. I wanted to see what you've done in the past, since your signature doesn't contain links.

Edited by crzftx

But the problem (or my problem) is that this has been done so many times that it's not worth posting anymore. At least you should have added more options to your script. And Ashley, this is a piece of cake with PaulIa's Autoit library... I bet you couldnt write the funtions inside %AutoItDir%\include\A3LScreenCap.au3

Edited by Gif

I bet you couldnt write the funtions inside %AutoItDir%\include\A3LScreenCap.au3

That's the point I was trying to make. I'd be hard pressed to call something 'mine' if someone else had done all the tricky bits and all I did was write a little bit of code to create a GUI and pass arguments to the UDF. The only reason the code is 'simple' is due to the UDF's. It's a bit like all the 'web browsers'. You didn't create a web browser. You used someone else's UDF's to control an existing browser. Namely, IE. All you did (with considerable help from the UDF's) was 'skin' IE...