Yet another question.

Ok, on GUICtrlCreateTab and GUICtrlCreateTabItem, it sorta confuses me. when you click on a tab, some text or whatever comes up anywhere in the GUI window. is there a way to treat the Tab window as its own window so that when you click a tab it can only come up there. (Its hard to explain and im sure its hard to understand)

My site for HTML Help :)[quote name='Valik' date='Oct 15 2004, 12:29 PM']Maybe nobody is an "elite uber-coder" like me because thinking is a capital offense in today's online-world?[right][snapback]36427[/snapback][/right][/quote]

Create the controls after you've created the tabitem (But before you create another tabitem). Any control thats created before creating the tab control appears on all tabs.

Edit: Typo.

Edited by Valik

can you give me an example please? i looked at the one in the help file but it seems like those are the exact coordinates of the window

My site for HTML Help :)[quote name='Valik' date='Oct 15 2004, 12:29 PM']Maybe nobody is an "elite uber-coder" like me because thinking is a capital offense in today's online-world?[right][snapback]36427[/snapback][/right][/quote]

Any controls created between TabItems are associated with particular tabs regardless of whether the control is physically positioned inside the tab control...

EDIT: That above sentence makes no sense :) Just click on tab "one" and "two" in the example below to gain understanding

GuiCreate("Example...")

GuiCtrlCreateButton("visible on all tabs", 270, 50, 100, 30)

GUICtrlCreateTab(10, 10, 200, 200)
$one = GUICtrlCreateTabItem("One")
GuiCtrlCreateButton("button on Tab One", 50, 50, 100, 100)
GuiCtrlCreateButton("button associated with Tab One", 50, 250, 200, 100)
$two = GUICtrlCreateTabItem("Two")
GuiCtrlCreateButton("button on Tab Two", 70, 70, 100, 100)
GuiCtrlCreateButton("button associated with Tab Two",  150, 250, 200, 100)
GUICtrlCreateTabItem("");terminates the tab grouping

GuiCtrlCreateButton("also visible on all tabs", 270, 150, 130, 30)

GuiSetState()
While GuiGetMsg() <> -3
WEnd
Edited by CyberSlug
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

Well that answers my question without intention i guess. not what i was looking for, but i get it now. thanks.