Need more info about Variable-s

bogQ

I have first file with 2000 lines and second file with 8000-12000 or more lines in it

so 4 now it read the line from the first file and look 4 it in second file (the one with 8000 or more lines), my prolem is that its killing my comp and it isnt fast enought becose it will read 2000*8000 and then write the data to some other document.

So im thinking to load every line from second file in separate variable-s and then to check if fariable exsist, my question is...

...is there limit 4 the variables in KB, becose before i had problems with other scripting programs that variable is stored in ini and that ini cant take alot of data in it? Or variables on autoit inst stored in ini and i can have how many of them i need? (and bdw is there a way to see a list of all variables, something like variable monitor)?

TCP server and client - Learning about TCP servers and clients connection
Au3 oIrrlicht - Irrlicht project
Au3impact - Another 3D DLL game engine for autoit. (3impact 3Drad related)

460px-Thief-4-temp-banner.jpg
There are those that believe that the perfect heist lies in the preparation.
Some say that it’s all in the timing, seizing the right opportunity. Others even say it’s the ability to leave no trace behind, be a ghost.

I'm nowhere near even close to a moderately good programmer in AutoIt, however from what I know of programming languages, storing all of that into variables isn't going to save much time, headaches, or stress on the computer. 8-16k lines of text is a lot of text to parse. What kind of document are you opening?

I have first file with 2000 lines and second file with 8000-12000 or more lines in it

so 4 now it read the line from the first file and look 4 it in second file (the one with 8000 or more lines), my prolem is that its killing my comp and it isnt fast enought becose it will read 2000*8000 and then write the data to some other document.

So im thinking to load every line from second file in separate variable-s and then to check if fariable exsist, my question is...

...is there limit 4 the variables in KB, becose before i had problems with other scripting programs that variable is stored in ini and that ini cant take alot of data in it? Or variables on autoit inst stored in ini and i can have how many of them i need? (and bdw is there a way to see a list of all variables, something like variable monitor)?

You really need to learn to use arrays. _FileReadToArray() would be your friend here.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Tasmania

i alredy have stress on the computer

im loading the same 8000-12000 line file 2000 times so that is alot of sterss, if i load to to variable i then only need to look if variable is set 1 time 2000 to difrent variables

You really need to learn to use arrays. _FileReadToArray() would be your friend here.

I learned arrays, maby not perfectly but i understend them, and 4 now they r not solving my problem in some wayes

so is there limit in variables in autoit or not?

i need to know that before i start to reedit this script. becose if there is limit in variables, array will b the next thing il try.

Some say that it’s all in the timing, seizing the right opportunity. Others even say it’s the ability to leave no trace behind, be a ghost.

You intend to read one line at a time and assign them to discrete variables...? And you think that will be better than an array from _FileReadToArray()...?

That's insane.

To (sort of) answer your question: There is probably some limit in the total number of variables the AutoIt interpreter can track, but it would very high - at least tens of thousands. The question is why, Why, WHY, WHY would you want to do it that way?

;)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

I think you are better off listening to PsaltyDS

_FileReadToArray()

and

_ArraySearch()

and

StringReplace()

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

ahh it worked ^^ 8000 lines to variables in 30 seconds

to anser on :why: question

if i use

_FileReadToArray()

and

_ArraySearch()

that mean that il need to _ArraySearch with the data from the first file 2000 times on 8000 line array

and with variable

i only need to create 8000 variables and read the 2000 file after that and to see if there is variable set with the same name line

dono why i dont like array but variable is more simple to me ^^