Search for files

I know FileFindFirstFile() and FileFindNextFile() will find files within a specific folder, but I need to copy all files from an entire drive. I would like to use a script so that this can be done in the background and on multiple computers.

Edited by crzftx

Ofcourse it all depends on on how many computers you are doing this and how many times the operation needs to be performed on each computer..

but by opening the default Windows search one is easily able to specify parameters (filename: *.dwg) and do a recursive search. After that, all files can be selected and copied manually in one go. It is not a big deal, but as I said.. it all depends on the number of times you have to do this.

only works in one directory not the entire directory, you would have to specify which one you would want then I would create a directory on the usb like @computername.dwg

" I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." Thomas Edison "You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves." Abraham Lincoln

yes. this is true, maybe im being impractical, but i wanted something easier than this. I was going to make my flash drive autorun the program when i put it in to easily extract all .dwg files.

Unfortunately, flash drives are unabled to autorun. That is the short answer, the long answer is that you can modify an U3 drive to autorun but it is a painful process and a lot of work.

Unfortunately, flash drives are unabled to autorun. That is the short answer, the long answer is that you can modify an U3 drive to autorun but it is a painful process and a lot of work.

thanks Manadar. hopes killed. O well, so there is no such function in AutoIt.