Converting Youtube videos (flv files) to .mp3 files..

_Kurt

Hey guys,

I was wondering if it's possible to convert an flv file (from youtube) to an mp3 file (audio). I don't want an external program, I wish to do this silently through a script. Anyone have an idea of how to do this? If not, does anyone know a website that can do this for me, I can then use _IE* functions to complete this task, make sure this website works (some websites don't, i.e. vixy.net).

Thanks,

Kurt

Awaiting Diablo III..

Hey guys,

I was wondering if it's possible to convert an flv file (from youtube) to an mp3 file (audio). I don't want an external program, I wish to do this silently through a script. Anyone have an idea of how to do this? If not, does anyone know a website that can do this for me, I can then use _IE* functions to complete this task, make sure this website works (some websites don't, i.e. vixy.net).

My #4 son said he'd used "kissyoutube.com" - might give it a shot. I don't know if it converts or just saves or what, but...

Nobody needs a job. Not much, anyway. Before you need a job, there's a lot of other stuff you need. More or less in order of how badly you need them: AIR, WATER, FOOD, SHELTER, CLOTHING, COMPANIONSHIP, and ACTIVITY. You've been led to believe you need money to "pay" someone else to provide those for you - all but AIR, so far. How long is it going to be before you have to "pay" for AIR, too?

Thanks longtex,

are there any people who know how to actually convert filetypes? I really doubt someone does, just wondering..

EDIT: KissYouTube.com is currently down until further notice

Edited by _Kurt

Awaiting Diablo III..

Thanks longtex,

are there any people who know how to actually convert filetypes? I really doubt someone does, just wondering..

EDIT: KissYouTube.com is currently down until further notice

Even if all they do is save the file, I'm guessing (a) they're swamped and (b ) youtube isn't any too happy about them...

Hell, I'd love to be able to save some of the stuff in a format that'll go on a DVD and be playable... I'm definitely keeping an eye on this thread. Actually, I think I'd be pleased if there turns out to be a way to queue up several vids in a row and just watch 'em (I think my DVR might record them if they come out the S-Video port on a notebook...) Now all I need is a notebook!

Edited by longtex

Nobody needs a job. Not much, anyway. Before you need a job, there's a lot of other stuff you need. More or less in order of how badly you need them: AIR, WATER, FOOD, SHELTER, CLOTHING, COMPANIONSHIP, and ACTIVITY. You've been led to believe you need money to "pay" someone else to provide those for you - all but AIR, so far. How long is it going to be before you have to "pay" for AIR, too?

Google search results I guess someone knows how.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

I'm not looking for an external program, and internet pages using javascript/php to convert it needs a path to the flv file or a direct URL to the file. Can't seem to explore my Temp Internet Files, example:

#include <Array.au3>
#include <File.au3>

$a = _FileListToArray("C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files")
Local $b[UBound($a)-1], $c = 0
For $i = 0 To UBound($a)-1
    If StringInStr($a[$i], "get_video") Then
        $c += 1
        $b[$c] = $a[$i]
    EndIf
Next
_ArrayDisplay($B)

The _FileListToArray seems to fail (since the folder is hidden).

I'm 100% sure the flv files are stored there, do a test and check for yourself by:

Firstly, browse to any YouTube video (doesn't matter which one)

1. Click Tools>Internet Options

2. Under Browsing History, click Settings

3. Within the new window, click View Files

4. Now in your file browsing window, click View>Arrange Icons By>Size

5. Scroll down to the bottom of the list, and there you will see the get_video files

6. Copy/Paste the file to a different directory (i.e. My Documents)

7. Rename the file whatever you want, but with a .flv extension

You now have the FLV file, you can convert this file using applications or php scripts from the web.

Now, the question:

How can I do this through a script?

Awaiting Diablo III..

I'm not looking for an external program, and internet pages using javascript/php to convert it needs a path to the flv file or a direct URL to the file. Can't seem to explore my Temp Internet Files, example:

#include <Array.au3>
#include <File.au3>

$a = _FileListToArray("C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files")
Local $b[UBound($a)-1], $c = 0
For $i = 0 To UBound($a)-1
    If StringInStr($a[$i], "get_video") Then
        $c += 1
        $b[$c] = $a[$i]
    EndIf
Next
_ArrayDisplay($B)

The _FileListToArray seems to fail (since the folder is hidden).

I'm 100% sure the flv files are stored there, do a test and check for yourself by:

Firstly, browse to any YouTube video (doesn't matter which one)

1. Click Tools>Internet Options

2. Under Browsing History, click Settings

3. Within the new window, click View Files

4. Now in your file browsing window, click View>Arrange Icons By>Size

5. Scroll down to the bottom of the list, and there you will see the get_video files

6. Copy/Paste the file to a different directory (i.e. My Documents)

7. Rename the file whatever you want, but with a .flv extension

You now have the FLV file, you can convert this file using applications or php scripts from the web.

Now, the question:

How can I do this through a script?

Are you looking for the right files? If you view for instance file.ext then IE will save it as file[1].ext.

Also you may want to see the super-hidden files thread.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

Are you looking for the right files? If you view for instance file.ext then IE will save it as file[1].ext.

I think I have the correct filename, but regardless, I just want a _FileListToArray to work, or maybe anything else that will be able to a) find the correct file :) copy/paste the file to a different directory (i.e. @TempDir).

Also you may want to see the super-hidden files thread.

I tried searching the forum for a thread relating to that topic, none found. Can someone point it out?

Thanks,

Kurt

Awaiting Diablo III..

I'll check out Zamzar.com later, thanks for sharing.

once you have them as a mp3, what do you plan to do with them?

Excellent question. My answer: Listen to them :)

It's a great way to get free music, and very convenient.

Oh, and just wondering, how can you convert this line of code into autoit (I believe it's in VB)

Const TEMPORARY_INTERNET_FILES = &H20&

What would it be?

Const $TEMPORARY_INTERNET_FILES = ;???

Autoit is the only scripting language I know.

Thanks,

Kurt

Awaiting Diablo III..

As far as I know H20 is the same as 0x20. So try Const $TEMPORARY_INTERNET_FILES = 0x20

As for the file listing, are you sure you're looking in the right directory?

My temp internet files folder is here:

C:\Documents and Settings\Rob\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5

And then within that, there are multiple folders with random names (5JR7AJWE, AHBA3100, MYUJBSTL, etc) there are actually 28 folders in there right now with a grand total of 5831 files across them all.

I was easily able to get the contents of the folder:

#include <File.au3>
#include <_Variable.au3>

$path = 'C:\Documents and Settings\Rob\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5'
$a = _FileListToArray($path)

cw(_VarDump($a))

Which returned:

Array(
    [0] => Integer(30)
    [1] => String(8) 0EEY4777
    [2] => String(8) 18CBH1SD
    [3] => String(8) 3H1UXQO4
    [4] => String(8) 51VE97YI
    [5] => String(8) 5JR7AJWE
    [6] => String(8) 6IOVN4AB
    [7] => String(8) 6W03W1J8
    [8] => String(8) AHBA3100
    [9] => String(8) AJXDGUCO
    [10] => String(8) AK45XP05
    [11] => String(8) C2H5731F
    [12] => String(8) CC5H5AR2
    [13] => String(11) desktop.ini
    [14] => String(8) DOE28WU1
    [15] => String(8) FCUUKRDY
    [16] => String(8) H9C7BDKC
    [17] => String(8) IK4YIWM0
    [18] => String(9) index.dat
    [19] => String(8) J7CSOSU7
    [20] => String(8) K4T1QTQP
    [21] => String(8) KEEZ59QF
    [22] => String(8) LBHBJWZ4
    [23] => String(8) MYUJBSTL
    [24] => String(8) OYV1U3VQ
    [25] => String(8) OZ0LIB9C
    [26] => String(8) P3P1MLVM
    [27] => String(8) Q9POBBJV
    [28] => String(8) RRUXF7YI
    [29] => String(8) U1PFKHNJ
    [30] => String(8) V01CJW09
)

I changed the path to C:\Documents and Settings\Rob\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\0EEY4777

and got a full file listing.

I'd say use code like my example, then go through each folder and find what you're looking for. It might take a while, but it should work.

I'd say use code like my example, then go through each folder and find what you're looking for. It might take a while, but it should work.

You could also use one of the _FileListToArray functions with recursive search. Or, I have a recursive folder search function that will return just the folders so you can use a standard FileFind proceedure against each folder.

EDIT:

@Kurt

The thread is

Toggle Hidden and Super hidden files

Also just a late thought here. If you are using IE and you have it set to clear the Temporary Internet Files on Exit (like I do) then the files MAY no longer exist after you exit IE. I say MAY because IE (like everything MS) is horrible at proper cleanup.

Edited by GEOSoft

George

• 2 weeks later...

ffmpeg -acodec copy -i $FileIn $FileOut.

That's easy, eh?

You get ffmpeg with nearly all linux-distros. For Win32 binaries, have a look at super (converter gui that uses mencoder, ffmpeg and such as backends) or search a little.

• 13 years later...

I think using a free online tool would make things much easier.😳 I use 2Conv to download YouTube videos to MP3 and MP4. Sometimes I would also use Joyoshare Screen Recorder as an alternative cause it is able to save any length of a video and audio in pretty high quality. 

Edited by Jos

• Developers
7 hours ago, Jacquelinana said:

I think using a free online tool would make things much easier.😳 I use 2Conv to download YouTube videos to MP3 and MP4. Sometimes I would also use Joyoshare Screen Recorder as an alternative cause it is able to save any length of a video and audio in pretty high quality. 

mmm, why are you responding to an 13+ years old thread as first post? Any particular thing you like to promote?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)