2 questions :)

got 2 questions for you :) hopefully with positive answers XD

1. regarding archives

is it possible to acces files inside archives (zip or (preferably) rar) either by

a) just general acces (extract, compress) or

b*) access and write to the files witout extracting everything and then packing it up(like in way a)

hopefully way b is possible but i think not (still hoping tough :P)

2. can i write jpg files?

for example: i give the colors for each pixel in rgb or using vector drawing (set start and end point and it draws a line between these points)

anwya, thanks in advance :P i was thinking of finding it myself but i didnt even know how to begin ;) so hopefully you guys know

Edited by Dark_Raver

Answer 1) Yes, if you have XP or later, browsing compressed folders (zip files) is supported natively in explorer: Easy Zip Compression using Windows XP

If you don't have XP or later, or if you need more capabilities, get 7-zip and use that from AutoIt.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Regarding question 2:

I've been looking into this as well for my own uses, and I found this article: JPEG on Wikipedia. I was with them until Posted Image

then my eyes crossed and I fell out of my chair. ;)

So the answer is YES, since jpg files are just bits in a file, and you can write those directly with AutoIt, but it'll take someone a lot more math-inclined than me to help you do it. My guess is you'll have to wait with me until someone who knows what they're doing decides they need it for themselves, and therefore it'll be worth their time. :)

"There are 10 types of people in this world - those who can read binary, and those who can't.""We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true." ~Robert Wilensky0101101 1001010 1100001 1101101 1100101 1110011 0110011 1001101 10001110000101 0000111 0001000 0001110 0001101 0010010 1010110 0100001 1101110

Regarding question 2:

I've been looking into this as well for my own uses, and I found this article: JPEG on Wikipedia. I was with them until Posted Image

then my eyes crossed and I fell out of my chair. :P

So the answer is YES, since jpg files are just bits in a file, and you can write those directly with AutoIt, but it'll take someone a lot more math-inclined than me to help you do it. My guess is you'll have to wait with me until someone who knows what they're doing decides they need it for themselves, and therefore it'll be worth their time. ;)

:)

Can't we just use Paint? :P

Edited by aslani

[font="Georgia"]Chances are, I'm wrong.[/font]HotKey trouble?Stringregexp GuideAutoIT Current Version

ok for the archive thnigy: i have worked it out :) temporary extracting it and delete it afterwards works best for what i want ;)

and the image part > that as a equation for the compression but yeah its to complicated :P so nvrmind that one XD

so one more thing tough

i dont know how to explain it but il try :P

i have a folder wich contains ini files (with ini stuff in it ;))

and i need to detect 3 things:

1) the folder where it is

2) all the ini files wich are in that folder

3) all the headers wich are in the ini file

again i dont know how to start :cheer:

i need to do things afterward with it but lets get this done first :dance: il will be a while lot further then :lol:

i have a folder wich contains ini files (with ini stuff in it :))

and i need to detect 3 things:

1) the folder where it is

2) all the ini files wich are in that folder

3) all the headers wich are in the ini file

again i dont know how to start :P

i need to do things afterward with it but lets get this done first ;) il will be a while lot further then :P

IniRead() and/or IniReadSectionNames()

IniWrite()

and the various File*() and/or _File*() functions.

Edited by Blue_Drache

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache