SciTE4AutoIt resource hack, extra icons problem

Hey,

yesterday i was compiling a script with Scite4autoit (1.7.4.0) and used the Resource Hack tab to edit version and comments, it all worked fine

but then i tried to compile the same script again with the same version and comment but with an extra icon icons\logo.ico

and the whole resource hack failed, it compiled correctly but no version or comment were added, also tried C:\icons\logo.ico.

Am i not adding the icon correctly or is it something else?

------------

Robjong

• Developers

no it didn't

It compiled correctly only the version, comments and icon ( all resource changes) didn't

Can you give me a snippet that demonstrates the issue, the ICO file and the exact location of this file so I can try to replicate the issue ?

You can PM or Email it to me when you don't want to post it here ..

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Hi, when i was putting together a proof of concept for the 'bug' i noticed it has nothing to do with the script, icons or resource hack,

it seems to happen only when i have the script i'm compiling opened in scite at the same time.

When i compiled the script, the comment and version were not changed at all, then when i changed folders in explorer and back it was changed correctly, just refreshing explorer wont do the trick but when i close scite before compiling it all works fine.

I'm now unable to recreate the problem myself so i guess it was a freak occurance (only it lasted 2 days :))

• Developers

Hi, when i was putting together a proof of concept for the 'bug' i noticed it has nothing to do with the script, icons or resource hack,

it seems to happen only when i have the script i'm compiling opened in scite at the same time.

When i compiled the script, the comment and version were not changed at all, then when i changed folders in explorer and back it was changed correctly, just refreshing explorer wont do the trick but when i close scite before compiling it all works fine.

I'm now unable to recreate the problem myself so i guess it was a freak occurance (only it lasted 2 days ;))

Shit happens as we say in Holland :)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)