EVE online - Read DLL files

glarson

Does anyone know how (or if) you can read the dll files in eve online to extract the text that is being displayed on the screen? I want to read the text in the overview menu to determin how close the ship is to an astroid/station/ etc., without useing the pilexsearch function.

You will have to know the format of data flowing in and out of the functions in the dlls. You will also have to know the functions in the dlls. If you know the functions, and the amount and types of data they require, yes, AutoIt can read them.

EVE has a function that will tell you what file the data is coming from (ctrl-shift-alt-m). What program will you need to read the dlls? how does AutoIT read the data and how do you program that into a script?

Edited by glarson

When you say data, you have to be more specific. Any AutoIt script can read a dll. Dlls are programs that don't run on their own. They have functions that must be called before any data can be given to any other program. If you don't know what the functions are, you cannot, I repeat cannot possibly hope to read anything useful out of a dll.

Thanks Richard, but I don't know if it can be done. I looked for the functions but it looks like everything is comming from the server with this game. crtl-alt-shift-m gives me the path to where the file associated with the data I want but it is not on my computer. I'm new to programing (if you couldn't tell!!!) and don't fully understand how dlls work.

If anyone has tried this with EVE-online let me know.

• 4 weeks later...

Everything is comming server-side. About the only thing you can do it inject some code into the function that actually sends/recieves the data streams and make them dump a copy somewhere. Although you have to find it before the data is encrypted. I've been messing arround with thier code for ~ a year now and no luck so far. Shoot me a PM and I'll give you some of what I know so far. Also if you are interested I'm working on a bot for the game with a pretty robust multi-client architecture.

shadesdude

http://dribots.com