What is this ResHacker.exe?

Dear Coleagues:

Is this part of message board or compiler, or a virus?

I downloaded my own code from Chat, "timer resolution is 1 nanosecond" to run some more tests, compiled it with Scite and got this message:

>C:\Utility\AutoIt3\SciTe\CompileAU3\CompileAU3.exe /in "C:\Documents and Settings\Lawrence Godfrey\My Documents\Scripts\TimerTest.au3"

Reshacker (1) : Error: ResHacker.exe program missing in the compileau3 directory: C:\Utility\AutoIt3\SciTe\CompileAU3. Download it from: http://www.users.on.net/johnson/resourcehacker/

>Aut2exe.exe ended with rc:0

>Exit code: 0    Time: 5.179

The referenced web page does not help a physicist like me much, and whenever I see "hacker" my "hackles" rise.

Best regards

Larry

I'm, Lovin' IT, X

Dear Coleagues:

I downloaded my own code from Chat, "timer resolution is 1 nanosecond" to run some more tests, compiled it  with Scite and got this message:The referenced web page does not help a physicist like me much, and whenever I see "hacker" my "hackles" rise.

Best regards

Larry

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Please do not double post! Find the answer on your other thread.

*** Matt @ MPCS

• Developers

Dear Coleagues:

I downloaded my own code from Chat, "timer resolution is 1 nanosecond" to run some more tests, compiled it  with Scite and got this message:The referenced web page does not help a physicist like me much, and whenever I see "hacker" my "hackles" rise.

Best regards

Larry

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So that means you are doing Ctrl+F7 - compile with options.

build- F7 would just run aut2exe.

check out the helpfile for more info about the CompileAU3 script. ctrl+F1

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Come on guys, I just thought I forgot to post the first one...did search to find it to look for response and came up empty so reposted. Must have limited my search to AutoIT v3 or something.

The usefulness of no multiple posts is of course obvious, so why multiple posts back? One recrimination is enough, .......... especially after I was already mad at myself for thinking I forgot to hit the post button and had to rebuild it.

And why spend your time chastizing a simple screwup when some more serious stuff like giving Shoe7ess info that This-is-me so well put it:

You are definately looking at some close-to-viruslike activity when you do that. No person in his right mind in this forum will show you how to do that, not to mention that it is not possible without creating your own dll or hacking some system processes. Once again, that is like a virus, and those of this forum who do know how to do that will not show you the way.

and then people actually proceeded to give him info, with no comments from the powers in charge in support of this-is-me!

Best Regards

Thin Skinned Larry :)

ps, thanks for answering the question in my "lost" posting. :)

Edited by lgodfrey

I'm, Lovin' IT, X

Where's Valik when you need him?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Personally, I think posting in the wrong forum is a more deserving of death crime than double posting. I see getting answers in two places for one question punishment enough for the crime.

Was that what you were looking for, hmm?

Personally, I think posting in the wrong forum is a more deserving of death crime than double posting.  I see getting answers in two places for one question punishment enough  for the crime.

Was that what you were looking for, hmm?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Never a disappointment.

Okay, so I was your trained little monkey for a moment, where's my treat?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The treat should be that even though some people out there consider us to have a similar cynical POV, that there is no replacing Valik the tormentor.

So that means you are doing Ctrl+F7 - compile with options.

build- F7 would just run aut2exe.

check out the helpfile for more info about the CompileAU3 script. ctrl+F1

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks, JDEB, you are always helpful. Problem is fixed after downloading the referenced file.

FYI, I was just using the compile option in tools, not controlF7. I have the most recent Scite using your installer (thanks bunches), installed couple of days ago when I came across a problem that actually was a bug, and not me. Turns out that with the new Scite suddenly this error started appearing on all my compiles (not just the one I was worried about because I downloaded it). I originannly thought it was just this script, because others did not show the message yet. So something somewhere was unstable, no doubt that would be me! :)

Best regards

Larry

I'm, Lovin' IT, X