Runtime error

MCP

If I compile the program, everything seems to go fine, but as soon as I run it, I get the following

AVector: []: Out of bounds.

Is there a way to get further info, at least the line that is causing the problem? The program is large, I have many arrays to look at and I am stuck.

Thx in advance, guys!

Well, I have discovered the error is thrown when on Windows 2000, while XP is running the program smoothly and correctly.

Any idea on how to catch problem?

Edited by MCP

Well, I have discovered the error is thrown when on Windows 2000, while XP is running the program smoothly and correctly.

Any idea on how to catch problem?

Wow. Just from googling, it looks like a C++ error (AutoIt interpreter vice the script).

What version of AutoIt did you compile with, and can you try another (maybe Beta)?

Are there any unusual compiler directives in it?

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

If I compile the program, everything seems to go fine, but as soon as I run it, I get the following

AVector: []: Out of bounds.

Is there a way to get further info, at least the line that is causing the problem? The program is large, I have many arrays to look at and I am stuck.

Thx in advance, guys!

can you post a sample of your script or at least PM it to me if you don't want to share it with other.

I hope it is not to complicated to launch so I can analyse.

Such error is due to an internal error of AutoIT code.

What version of AutoIt did you compile with, and can you try another (maybe Beta)?

Well, I am running 3.2.8.1 and cannot currently test it easily / thouroughly cause it is a computer i am seldomly working on

can you post a sample of your script or at least PM it to me if you don't want to share it with other.

I hope it is not to complicated to launch so I can analyse.

Such error is due to an internal error of AutoIT code.

I have changed the source code a lot in the last 2 days and I have not tested it yet. On next Tuesday I will be working on the Win2K pc again, if the error still comes out, I will send you a copy. Thx jpm.

I have changed the source code a lot in the last 2 days and I have not tested it yet. On next Tuesday I will be working on the Win2K pc again, if the error still comes out, I will send you a copy. Thx jpm.

Did you have a chance to work on it? :)

• 4 weeks later...

Did you have a chance to work on it? <_<

First: SORRY for answering so late

Second: Well, I am changing the program too quickly to systematically reproduce the error and I cannot often access a win2k workstation.

Perhaps something like this:

Func ShowElements(ByRef $aKeyAndValue)
    If Not IsArray($aKeyAndValue) Then Return

For $a In $aKeyAndValue
        MsgBox(0, 'Key: ' & $a, 'Element: ' & $aKeyAndValue[$a])
    Next
EndFunc   ;==>ShowElements

It can be compiled but it generates an error at runtime (my other post)

First: SORRY for answering so late

Second: Well, I am changing the program too quickly to systematically reproduce the error and I cannot often access a win2k workstation.

Perhaps something like this:

Func ShowElements(ByRef $aKeyAndValue)
    If Not IsArray($aKeyAndValue) Then Return

For $a In $aKeyAndValue
        MsgBox(0, 'Key: ' & $a, 'Element: ' & $aKeyAndValue[$a])
    Next
EndFunc   ;==>ShowElementsoÝ÷ ØjvÞr©Wnëb¶§z¶­zƧzºè­«kº{bé²¢Ø^®êå

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning."- Rick Cook