WoW Character Gen.

alien13

Hey,

Here is something I quickly (well not that quick) put together.

~World of Warcraft Character Generator~

If you don't know what character you want to make next in the World of Warcraft let WoW Character Generator decide for you!

It will generate a Gender, Faction, Race and Class so you don't have to!

Hope you like it!

I know it's not the best looking thing(the coding itself) and it may not be done the most efficient way, but hey, it works.

~Update~

I have updated the script with a little checkbox so that people with the burning crusade can include the Draenei and Blood Elf races, but those with out the BC can just have the base races.

Credits go to Manadar for this idea! Thanks :)

alien13

WoW_Generator.au3

Edited by alien13

I'm glad you found your way with arrays. :)

Nice job!

Maybe you could make a little check box to check whether you have the expansion or not..

Thanks ;)

Awesome, I didn't even think about non BC people :| Thanks for the idea!

alien13

Edited by alien13

Someone has suggested that I make a name generator. I thought about it before that, but the request pushed me to actually do it.

I'm wondering how I should do it though.

1 - I could make 2/3 array lists with parts of names and have it randomly generate from them.

OR

2 - I could just get a huge list of names and have it get one from there.

I'm thinking number 2 would be easier because I would be able to grab two lists.. male/female and just grab from there

Number 1 would be good as it would be completely random, but the names may not make sense.

I tried number 1 to start, and I just did a bit and it came out like this (attached script).

Any comments on how I should go about doing this?

alien13

WoW_Generator.au3

The first example is the way Star Wars Knights of the old Republic works. You can either enter a name or click the random button and it combines parts of names. You can come up with some interesting names that way, but I think that would definitely be more work.

The first example is the way Star Wars Knights of the old Republic works. You can either enter a name or click the random button and it combines parts of names. You can come up with some interesting names that way, but I think that would definitely be more work.

Hey,

Yeah, it does require more work, but I would really like to do it as the names could be more original. I have quickly put together some different parts of names and given the GUI a separate button to generate the names separately so users don't have to get rid of the character generated.

Here is the updated script, the names are sometimes weird and long, but they are pretty good.. sorta.

alien13

WoW_Generator.au3