How to do NOT or ! in AutoIt

laurin1

I remember when I was first learning to code... Valik is nice compared to the people I had to deal with. Holding their hand threw all their problems will not make them better coders it will just make them lazy and expect everyone to give them code. That is not learning it is just being lazy and worthless. I just hired 15 coders and they all learned the hard way just like me... thay are all worthy coders because of it.

laurin... no offense but it is in the help file lookup NOT as Larry suggested. If you want to learn how to code, you need to learn how to read help files.

*** Matt @ MPCS

Come on red. That's like walking up to a guy in his pajama's holding his family watching a burning house and asking, "Your house on fire?".

And for the record, I don't recall ever asking questions like this of anybody, when learning either AutoIt or C++ (Simultaneously). I seemed to manage to always stop long enough to realize, "Hey, if it works for one thing, it might just work for another" without explicitly being told that.

As somebody who came from no coding background I do remember asking these "stupid" questions from time to time...Congrats for you that you were able to do it, but nobody is the elite uber-coder that you are.

I don't think that it will make them a lazy coder. I don't think I am a lazy coder and I got the help that I needed by asking these simple questions....That's what I liked about this place....ehh not so much as of lately

red

As somebody who came from no coding background I do remember asking these "stupid" questions from time to time...Congrats for you that you were able to do it, but nobody is the elite uber-coder that you are.

I don't think that it will make them a lazy coder. I don't think I am a lazy coder and I got the help that I needed by asking these simple questions....That's what I liked about this place....ehh not so much as of lately

red

• Developers

red

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Red, agree that theres no need to burn then to the ground, stamp on them and just to make sure we did the job right, steamroll over them.

But on the other hand ... some are really asking for it.

I like the approach that some take to just point them to the helpfile and giving them a hint where needed, without giving the total solution.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Maybe nobody is an "elite uber-coder" like me because thinking is a capital offense in today's online-world?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

did you go to some sort of "elite uber-coder" training seminar or something? Or does it just come when you have enough braincells to rub together?

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

• Developers

My dad says that grey hair is a sign that the little grey brain cells are too numerous and start to leak out.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you just made my day... :)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

did you go to some sort of "elite uber-coder" training seminar or something?  Or does it just come when you have enough braincells to rub together?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its a secret underground society where people gather to rub braincells and have seminar's on "How not to ask dumb questions by being 'elite uber-coders'". Its sort of like Opium houses that used to be all over England/Europe, except no-brain cells are harmed.

LOL

Valik I think everyone should be thinking before they post a question... (Hence thinking about thinking on purpose :))

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

(Laughing)...Think before you Type?

Lucky in AutoIt, you do not have to be an "elite uber-coder."

AutoIt is written in a language that is very easy to understand, and offers many tools to use to acomplish so many tasks. What you do with it is up to you. The guy who created the paintbrush did not paint the Mona Lisa. The guy who made the chissel did not make the Statue of David.

So here is AutoIt, it is free, it is a tool. The rest is up to you.

Recently RTFM has been the theme, Trust me when I say that all the developers, help file helpers, and board members are really good folks that although I have never met one in Real Life. Like everyone though, people have thier limits. A few of us have put a lot of time into trying to make sure the help file is easy to read and contains nice examples that can be understood. This can be very frustrating to see something that was spelled out in the manual as a question on the boards, and when it happens a lot all in a short span......

This is a very friendly board, and for the most part you don't get chewed out for asking "dumb" questions.

ScriptKitty the free handout coder...

AutoIt3, the MACGYVER Pocket Knife for computers.