RegDelete question

I am writing a script to uninstall all locally installed printers and then use the printmig tool from MS to automatically import a default printer config for our CAD users.

What I want to do is delete all keys under "HKLM\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\print\printers", however it is impossible for me to know what the key names will be since the names reflect the names of the installed printers on each machine. There are also some registry values directly under the \Printers key that I need to keep, so I cannot delete the Printers key in its entirety. How would I go about doing this? I tried RegDelete ("<path>\*") but I guess RegDelete does not support wildcards.

Ideas?

Thanks!

• Developers

I am writing a script to uninstall all locally installed printers and then use the printmig tool from MS to automatically import a default printer config for our CAD users. 

What I want to do is delete all keys under "HKLM\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\print\printers", however it is impossible for me to know what the key names will be since the names reflect the names of the installed printers on each machine.  There are also some registry values directly under the \Printers key that I need to keep, so I cannot delete the Printers key in its entirety.  How would I go about doing this?  I tried RegDelete ("<path>\*") but I guess RegDelete does not support wildcards.

Ideas?

Thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

RegEnumKey() ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

utilize RegEnumKey or RegEnumValue to search for the name...

Lar.

and please try before posting "How do I do that?"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks guys, I'll give it a look. BTW, I did search before asking. I'm a noob here but I know forum etiquette. :)