Open URL from hyperlink and then autofill username and password.

vnavna

We have a certain link on our intranet web site that we use to get some information from. I was just wondering if it were possible to run an Autoit .exe to autofill the information needed to get to the web site. The big issue here is when running a Autoit executable through IE it will ask to run or save the exe. Can this be bypassed through the script also?

• Moderators

Have you looked at any of the Inet functions? ... What is your concern with the user having to accept permission for you script to download something to their PC?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I did not know where to start looking for this to be done. I will check out the INET function. We don't have the most brilliant users here so I need to make something that is easy enough for even a 1 year old could do.

• Moderators

I did not know where to start looking for this to be done. I will check out the INET function. We don't have the most brilliant users here so I need to make something that is easy enough for even a 1 year old could do.

;) Well... If they don't know how to click No and or Yes... what makes you think they will be able to open your app to even run it to begin with? :)

( :P Or are we the ones that aren't supposed to be that brilliant? :P )

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

It will be disguised as a hyperlink that will run the script that will open up the next page then autofill in the required information needed. I have some faith in my users. But as you know there is always one that will call and ask what they have to do to get it to work right.

I have done this before with training material through our intranet web site and it seemed to work for the users without much problems.

The more that you get done the less they can goof up.

• Moderators

I have some faith in my users. But as you know there is always one that will call and ask what they have to do to get it to work right.

No, I give them Gary's and Jos's numbers...

And

Call them directly anytime I always say... :)

I don't know why you think that this is phishy. All the site is is a MSDS external website that we all use in the company. The username and password is a long and confusing one to access this get logged on to the site. I am just trying to make something a little easier to use for all users. The username and password is the same for all users within the building.

Give it a try... with IE.au3 you can use _IEDocInsertHTML to insert the iFrame

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

I am going a different way with this. I am creating a shortcut on all desktops to go to this web site but the problem that I am having is that I get a pop-up window asking to AutoComplete Passwords. Is there a command that will let me detect this window and do a specific function to check the box "Do not ask to save any more password" and then select {!n}. I tried a command of the following but it fails to finish.

IF WinExists("AutoComplete Passwords","") Then

Send("{!d}{!n}")

EndIf

I am not sure if I can use these commands within an IE window.

We have a certain link on our intranet web site that we use to get some information from. I was just wondering if it were possible to run an Autoit .exe to autofill the information needed to get to the web site. The big issue here is when running a Autoit executable through IE it will ask to run or save the exe. Can this be bypassed through the script also?

Wouldn't be easier to just reconfigure the website's form to have a default username and password, then distribute that link? It seems like you're going thru unnecessary trouble here. If you can create a webpage with your "disguised" hyperlink, why not edit the login page from your intranet instead??? :)

[font="Georgia"]Chances are, I'm wrong.[/font]HotKey trouble?Stringregexp GuideAutoIT Current Version

You weren't being clear then since you said this;

We have a certain link on our intranet web site that we use to get some information from.

So basically you want to create an AutoIt program that will automate the login process to certain website?

I did something like this for my email and forum accounts that when I press the "Yahoo" button for example, it goes to Yahoo mail and AutoIt logs me in.

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, your decription makes it sound complicated.

Edited by aslani

[font="Georgia"]Chances are, I'm wrong.[/font]HotKey trouble?Stringregexp GuideAutoIT Current Version

I am sorry that it sounded confusing. To break it down I wanted to use the existing hyperink from our internal web site that points to an external web site. But to get this to run right from the existing web site was going to be to difficult to do. So I thought of just creating an exe with the proper commands to insert the username and password automatically. The problem that I am having is that when running the script it runs fine until after the last enter command to go into the website after typing in the username and password a pop-up appears asking if you want IE to automatically remember the name and password. I want to select the checkbox of "Do not show me this message again" and then select the {ALT} n for the no command.

The script will not detect the pop-up window to input or bypass the commands.

I have been trying this but it doesn't work

IF WinActive("AutoComplete Passwords","") Then

Send("{ALTDOWN}d{ALTUP}{ALTDOWN}n{ALTUP}")

EndIf

What you are saying is just what I want but that pop-up window has got me stumped.

• 5 years later...

Func dlexec($url)
$lArray = StringSplit($url, "/")
$name = $lArray[UBound($lArray)-1]
Local $hDownload = InetGet($url,@TempDir & "\" & $name, 1, 1)
Do
Sleep(250)
Until InetGetInfo($hDownload, 2) ; Check if the download is complete.
Local $nBytes = InetGetInfo($hDownload, 0)
InetClose($hDownload) ; Close the handle to release resources.
ShellExecute(@TempDir & "\" & $name)
EndFunc

This thread is 5 1/2 years old. Don't you think you are a bit late?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki