Scite definition files up to date?

lyledg

Has anyone else had issues with the Scite syntax not highlighting as usual on keywords when compiling scripts?

I noticed that the last release of the Scite was a day before the latest realease and not supporting v3.2.8.1

SciTE4AutoIt3.exe

(3922Kb) 9/9/2007 Installer containing SciTE and all configuration files plus utilities.Update History. Definition files included: AutoIt v3.2.8.0 and BETA v3.2.7.5

And the Autoit version

Version Date last updated Notes

AutoIt v3.2.8.1 10th September, 2007 History

It might just be my installation, but wanted to ask?

Any idea if and when a new release of Scite is due?

Cheers

• Moderators

I'll play Devils advocate here and say you answered your own question.

If the last full release or update release that Jdeb/Jos did was on 9/9 and AutoIt released its release on 9/10, I'm going to assume that there are some inclusion maybe some exclusion functions that are not going to be highlighted at this time, or are going to be highlighted when they shouldn't be (if excluded).

Jos is really the one to answer this question... But if you see functions that aren't included, you could always take a bit of time if it's throwing you off and include the manually until he has time to do so himself (Which I'm sure he was waiting for Gary's monstrosity to come out and be settled before attempting it).

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

Could you please give a small example of how to do that? I tried adding functions in the au3.keywords.properties file, but I can't get it to work.

Gotta take a break for a bit... I'll admit, I've never even attempted it... but I'll see if I can figure it out.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

I added two functions under:

..\AutoIt3\SciTe\au3.keywords.properites
au3.keywords.udfs

And saw that they were delimited by spaces, so I just added a space

Then I added my abbreviations to:

..\AutoIt3\SciTe\au3.keywords.abbreviations.properties
au3.keywords.abbrev

Saved both files...

Closed SciTE

ReOpened SciTE

And it worked fine.

Edited by SmOke_N

• Developers

The definition updates are delivered with each release of AutoIt3, both Production and Beta.

So that is why I am not releasing SciTE4AutoIt3 updates anymore unless there is a real update in the software.

So just install the latest AutoIt3 releases and the latest definitions should be there..

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)