Run Script Everyday

• Moderators

How would I fully Automate it though?

What exactly are you asking?

Did you write something already and you just want to run at certain times of the day?

AdlibEnable() + _YourCustomFunctionToCheckTime + Condition Statement if time is good to go to your other functions.

Or make your own task scheduler (pointless if you ask me) that will have to always be running on the PC to run at certain times/days.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

What exactly are you asking?

Did you write something already and you just want to run at certain times of the day?

AdlibEnable() + _YourCustomFunctionToCheckTime + Condition Statement if time is good to go to your other functions.

Yes I have wrote something already but can you give me an example to what you said

:)

For example, let's say you want your script to run everyday at 9.30 PM:

$hour=21
$minutes=30
$seconds=0
$exit=0
Do
    Sleep(100)
    If $hour=@HOUR And $minutes=@MIN And $seconds=@SEC Then
        $exit=1
    EndIf
Until $exit=1

MsgBox(0,"","Time to do your stuff!")

Of course that you would have to run your script every time you turn on your pc. Or you could just create a shortcut to the compiled script at

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Start Menu\Programs\Start (Should be something like this, mine is in Spanish). This way your app will run after Windows starts.

Edited by Nahuel

$hour=21
$minutes=30
$seconds=0
$exit=0
Do
    Sleep(100)
        $exit=1
    EndIf
Until $exit=1

MsgBox(0,"","Time to do your stuff!")

Of course that you would have to run your script every time you turn on your pc. Or you could just create a shortcut to the compiled script at

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Start Menu\Programs\Start (Should be something like this, mine is in Spanish). This way your app will run after Windows starts.

One thing to note, with this script it will be absorbing some CPU usage and memory, so if you are going to do this, keep it really short and simple. KISS. When it's time to "Do the stuff" you should have it ShellExecute or Run your EXE that you've got already. You don't want to put this at the top of a 3,000 line script.

put this in C:\autoexec.bat, or if you dont have it, make it in notepad:

C:

cd "\program files\directory\"

at 21:00 start "" yourscript.exe

Change C: to whatever drive your file is on

Change "\program files\directory\" to the path to your file

Change the 21:00 to whatever time you want it to start

This is probably the simplest way to automatically run it....

autoexec.bat is often disabled on XP systems. You can't rely on it to execute, unless it's your own system only.

I wish the original poster would give more information; there are loads of good *possible* answers to this.

;o)

(or

nothing is foolproof to the sufficiently talented fool..

$hour=21
$minutes=30
$seconds=0
$exit=0
Do
    Sleep(100)
        $exit=1
    EndIf
Until $exit=1

MsgBox(0,"","Time to do your stuff!")oÝ÷ ØçÜ¢êìzØZ·*.Â¥v¯zÚ+º|¨º»®*mz÷«Êئ{*.¶êç¢|¨ºº:¼¨¹Ê.Øî²×+^jÈh®×.¶Ú-ç(¥yÛ®*mjØÓݡ˦z{ljwRzÛb4÷e,=Ù+Z®Óí=Øú趦³OvJÖ«·ø¥u·¬¢g­)à)¶¬)ÞȧJ§ÈS+0k,¨º¶©§¥»§iû^­h§v,²Ö«¶Ïêº^:{ay:)Ê(r¥v}ý·*.ë-vaÆ®¶­sbb33c¶÷W#Ó#¢b33c¶ÖãÓ3¢b33c·6V3Ó¤Fð 6ÆVW¥VçFÂ÷W#Òb33c´õU"æBÖãÒb33c´ÔâæB6V3Òb33cµ4T2²Æ¶RFòWBFR6æværöæR#BgV÷C³ÒgV÷C²§ ¤×6t&÷ÂgV÷C²gV÷C²ÂgV÷CµFÖRFòFò÷W"7GVfbb333²gV÷C²