Autoit3 latest release

I updated to 103 from 100 and most of my UDFs stopped working. I don't keep them in the include folder but I use the full path to '#include' them. They're nothing special just a file namer and a last day of month function, for example. Is there any fundamental change in 103 that I missed? I've reverted to 100 and they're OK again, so it's not that important. I was just interested.

[u][font="Arial"]Pete[/font][/u]

There's quite a lot of new GUI code itching to get into the source but I'm reluctant to add new stuff to the GUI until we can agree how the basic _functions_ should look.

There was talk that the current functions are too complicated, or have to many parameters, and some need -1 for this default and "" for that, etc.

See these threads:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...wtopic=3665&hl=

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...wtopic=3739&hl=

So, in this thread I want us to agree the basic functions that the GUI should have.  Then i/we will change the sources to match the agreement and _then_ we can add the new stuff like bmp buttons and extra controls.

Obviously even any small change will break existing GUI script, but the gui stuff is in beta and change is expected (as long as the change is an improvement :) )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Edited by SlimShady

You upgraded from 3.0.100 to 3.0.103? The changelog lists two changes in version 3.0.102 that might cause problems:

- Fixed: The expression: If "non-blank" And 1 - now evaluates as true

- Major Change: Colors now default to the standard RGB format rather than the previous BGR format. The "ColorMode" option has been added to allow old scripts to run with the old BGR mode, just place this line at the top of your script to use the old method: Opt("ColorMode", 1)

Otherwise, post some examples of your UDFs that broke....

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

First, I should apologiise - I updated to 102 of course, not 103.

Second,

Actually _reading_ the manual would tell you what you wanted.

I always read the manual that's how I've learnt how to use Autoit.

But I'm intrigued because I can't see anything in the manual that's changed that would affect my code.

The only thing is that I am using AU3GUIXP v 2.0 and I haven't kept up with the GUI changes you've been making so this may have something to do with it.

Still, as I said in previous post I'm very happy with v100 and my existing GUI's so I'll just stick for now.

Thanks for your comments anyway.

I have checked the website I do not see an available 103... does that mean it is in beta right now? I am assuming it is the GUI beta version is that correct?

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

I have checked the website I do not see an available 103... does that mean it is in beta right now? I am assuming it is the GUI beta version is that correct?

JS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep. http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2877
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

Just to let you know folks - I've discovered the problem.

In V100 it accepts

#include - once
rest of code
(note the spaces!) whereas in V102 it has to be
#include-once
rest of code
no spaces.

I thought some of you might be interested in that. Quirky eh?