How do I declare an AutoIt object in VC++ .NET?

janus96

Now that I know how to get AutoIt to work under MFC, I'd like to move on to .NET.

I've searched this forum back to the year 2005. The closest I could find was an example in C#:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=26042

It gave me some ideas, e.g.

using namespace AutoItX3Lib;

AutoItX3Lib.AutoItX3Class aix3c = new AutoItX3Lib.AutoItX3Class();

and some other combinations, but none of them would work.

The project was a CLR/Windows Forms Application project. I've added Interop.AutoItX3Lib.1.0 to the reference.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

It gave me some ideas, e.g.

using namespace AutoItX3Lib;

AutoItX3Lib.AutoItX3Class aix3c = new AutoItX3Lib.AutoItX3Class();

and some other combinations, but none of them would work.

The project was a CLR/Windows Forms Application project. I've added Interop.AutoItX3Lib.1.0 to the reference.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Let me add that from the Object Browser in Visual Studio I can see clearly the objects and functions of AutoItXLib. A screen capture is attached here. I think if I can be shown the syntax of object declaration and instanciation, I'll be able to get it going. Thanks.

Posted Image

Ok, I got it to work. The coding is much cleaner than using dll in VC++. I love it.

AutoItX3Lib::AutoItX3Class^ aix3c = gcnew AutoItX3Lib::AutoItX3Class();

aix3c->MouseMove(-500,500,10);

However, in compiling, the compiler asked that "gcnew" be used, instead of "new". "gcnew", however, returns a pointer. Such is the reason why "->" must be used instead of ".". It's ok with me, but I wonder if someone can tell me how to get around this, so that I can get an object instead a pointer to an object. Thanks.

gcnew is a keyword to allow the object to be garbage collected (gc). You are supposed to use a pointer when using objects in this nature. When you use .Net, every "object" is a reference type. Your variables are all pointers (references) to the objects. You cannot directly hold an object in .Net, only a reference to it.

This is how the garbage collector knows how to clean up, when all references to the object expire.