#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

#include "GUICtrlOnHover.au3"

Global $sBtn_Image = @Systemdir & "\oobe\images\wpakey.jpg"
Global $sLbl_Image = @Systemdir & "\oobe\images\merlin.gif"

If Not FileExists($sBtn_Image) Or Not FileExists($sLbl_Image) Then
    $sBtn_Image = @TempDir & "\wpakey.jpg"
    $sLbl_Image = @TempDir & "\merlin.gif"

InetGet("http://creator-lab.ucoz.ru/Images/wpakey.jpg", $sBtn_Image)
    InetGet("http://creator-lab.ucoz.ru/Images/merlin.gif", $sLbl_Image)
EndIf

$hGUI = GUICreate("Control ToolTip OnHover Example",500,400)

$nButton = GUICtrlCreateButton("Button", 100, 100, 50, 50)
_GUICtrl_OnHoverRegister(-1, "_ShowToolTip_Proc", "_ShowToolTip_Proc")

$nLabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Label", 300, 100, -1, 15)
_GUICtrl_OnHoverRegister(-1, "_ShowToolTip_Proc", "_ShowToolTip_Proc")

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI)

$hButton_ToolTip = _GUIToolTipCreate("My Button ToolTip", "Some Info", $sBtn_Image, 0x4E6FD6)
$hLabel_ToolTip = _GUIToolTipCreate("My Label ToolTip", "Some Info", $sLbl_Image, 0xFFFFFF)

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()

Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            ExitLoop
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Func _GUIToolTipCreate($sTitle, $sText, $sImage = '', $nBkColor = 0xECEC00)
    Local $hToolTip = GUICreate($sTitle, 300, 200, -1, -1, BitOR($WS_POPUP, $WS_BORDER), $WS_EX_TOPMOST, $hGUI)
    GUISetBkColor($nBkColor, $hToolTip)
    GUICtrlCreatePic($sImage, 10, 10, 80, 80, $WS_BORDER)
    GUICtrlCreateLabel($sTitle, 100, 10, 180, 20)
    GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10, 800)
    GUICtrlCreateLabel($sText, 100, 50, 180, 120)
    Return $hToolTip
EndFunc

Func _ShowToolTip_Proc($iCtrlID, $iHoverMode, $hWnd_Hovered)
    Local $hToolTip

Switch $iCtrlID
        Case $nButton
            $hToolTip = $hButton_ToolTip
        Case $nLabel
            $hToolTip = $hLabel_ToolTip
    EndSwitch

Switch $iHoverMode
        Case 1 ;Hover proc
            $aMousePos = MouseGetPos()
            WinMove($hToolTip, "", $aMousePos[0]+10, $aMousePos[1]+10)
            GUISetState(@SW_SHOWNOACTIVATE, $hToolTip)
        Case 2 ;Leave hover proc
            GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $hToolTip)
    EndSwitch
EndFunc

Spoiler

Using OS: Win 7 Professional, Using AutoIt Ver(s): 3.3.6.1 / 3.3.8.1

AutoIt_Rus_Community.png AutoIt Russian Community

My Work...

Spoiler

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngProjects: ATT - Application Translate Tool {new}| BlockIt - Block files & folders {new}| SIP - Selected Image Preview {new}| SISCABMAN - SciTE Abbreviations Manager {new}| AutoIt Path Switcher | AutoIt Menu for Opera! | YouTube Download Center! | Desktop Icons Restorator | Math Tasks | KeyBoard & Mouse Cleaner | CaptureIt - Capture Images Utility | CheckFileSize Program

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngUDFs: OnAutoItErrorRegister - Handle AutoIt critical errors {new}| AutoIt Syntax Highlight {new}| Opera Library! | Winamp Library | GetFolderToMenu | Custom_InputBox()! | _FileRun UDF | _CheckInput() UDF | _GUIInputSetOnlyNumbers() UDF | _FileGetValidName() UDF | _GUICtrlCreateRadioCBox UDF | _GuiCreateGrid() | _PathSplitByRegExp() | _GUICtrlListView_MoveItems - UDF | GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF! | _ControlTab UDF! | _MouseSetOnEvent() UDF! | _ProcessListEx - UDF | GUICtrl_SetResizing - UDF! | Mod. for _IniString UDFs | _StringStripChars UDF | _ColorIsDarkShade UDF | _ColorConvertValue UDF | _GUICtrlTab_CoverBackground | CUI_App_UDF | _IncludeScripts UDF | _AutoIt3ExecuteCode | _DragList UDF | Mod. for _ListView_Progress | _ListView_SysLink | _GenerateRandomNumbers | _BlockInputEx | _IsPressedEx | OnAutoItExit Handler | _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel UDF | WinControlSetEvent UDF | Mod. for _DirGetSizeEx UDF

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngExamples: 
ScreenSaver Demo - Matrix included | Gui Drag Without pause the script | _WinAttach()! | Turn Off/On Monitor | ComboBox Handler Example | Mod. for "Thinking Box" | Cool "About" Box | TasksBar Imitation Demo

Like the Projects/UDFs/Examples? Please rate the topic (up-right corner of the post header: Rating AutoIt_Rating.gif)

* === My topics === *

==================================================
My_Userbar.gif

AutoIt is simple, subtle, elegant. © AutoIt Team

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks a lot for the UDF but there's a little problem... The order to the controls hover and click priority is set as the 1st one created to the last one, so if I put 2 buttons/pictures on top of each others, the priority is to the one under...

Do you know how I can fix it?

Thanks again!

Edit: It seems that however I try to bring front, it always inverse the whole thing... The picture under alway has the hover reception priority.

I tried to do a GUICTRLSetState($CtrlID, $GUI_ONTOP) and it puts the given $CtrlID under as appearance but over for hover handle.

You can reproduce what a meant earlier by using the example "onclick Hovering Example (3-State)" by changing $Play button's left parameter to something like 90, just enough to get a little bit in front of the $Pause button.

Edited by Silverkorn

Thanks a lot for the UDF but there's a little problem... The order to the controls hover and click priority is set as the 1st one created to the last one, so if I put 2 buttons/pictures on top of each others, the priority is to the one under...

Do you know how I can fix it?

Thanks again!

Edit: It seems that however I try to bring front, it always inverse the whole thing... The picture under alway has the hover reception priority.

I tried to do a GUICTRLSetState($CtrlID, $GUI_ONTOP) and it puts the given $CtrlID under as appearance but over for hover handle.

You can reproduce what a meant earlier by using the example "onclick Hovering Example (3-State)" by changing $Play button's left parameter to something like 90, just enough to get a little bit in front of the $Pause button.

Well... I got it to work by using the GUICTRLSetState($CtrlID, $GUI_ONTOP) more properly... Sorry for disturbing and underestimating your UDF :graduated:

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

leomoon,

As I showed in the examples I posted in your thread here, this UDF works fine in OnEvent and MessageLoop modes. :x

What it cannot cope with is changes between OnEvent and MessageLoop modes during script execution, which is a very different thing.

M23

Edit: It now seems that the problem is not as described above - there is something happening when you exit your script that is causing your problem - although it does seem to involve this UDF in particular. Let us continue this in your General Support thread and I will update here as and when necessary.

Edited by Melba23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• 6 months later...

Hi Mr. Creator!

I've found a small bug in your UDF:

If I register a couple of hover-functions and then unregister all of them, and then register a new hover-function, the last of the unregistered functions is active again. A smal example what i mean:

#include <GUICtrlOnHover.au3>

$hGUI = GUICreate("Example", 260, 160)
GUICtrlSetDefBkColor(0xffffff)
GUISetBkColor(0xffffff)
$hButton1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Button1", 20, 20, 100, 30)
$hButton2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Button2", 140, 20, 100, 30)
$hButton3 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Button3", 20, 70, 100, 30)
$hButton4 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Button4", 140, 70, 100, 30)
$hLabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel("A simple GUI :)", 20, 120, 220, 40)
GUISetState()

Sleep(1000)

_GUICtrl_OnHoverRegister($hButton1, "_Hover_Func", "_Leave_Hover_Func")
_GUICtrl_OnHoverRegister($hButton2, "_Hover_Func", "_Leave_Hover_Func")
GUICtrlSetData($hLabel, "Hover effect added to button 1 and button 2 => test it!")
Sleep(5000)

_GUICtrl_OnHoverRegister($hButton1, "")
_GUICtrl_OnHoverRegister($hButton2, "")
GUICtrlSetData($hLabel, "Hover effect removed from button 1 and button 2 => test it!")
Sleep(5000)

_GUICtrl_OnHoverRegister($hButton3, "_Hover_Func", "_Leave_Hover_Func")
_GUICtrl_OnHoverRegister($hButton4, "_Hover_Func", "_Leave_Hover_Func")
GUICtrlSetData($hLabel, "Hover effect added to button 3 and button 4 => test it!")
Sleep(2000)

GUICtrlSetData($hLabel, "Do you see? The hover effect on button 3 is working again!")
GUICtrlSetColor($hLabel, 0xff0000)

While 1
    If GUIGetMsg() = -3 Then Exit
WEnd

Func _Hover_Func($iCtrlID)
    GUICtrlSetBkColor($iCtrlID, 0xff0000)
EndFunc   ;==>_Hover_Func

Func _Leave_Hover_Func($iCtrlID)
    GUICtrlSetBkColor($iCtrlID, 0xffffff)
EndFunc   ;==>_Leave_Hover_Func

How to fix the bug:

Change this part of the _GUICtrl_OnHoverRegister

If $a__GUICtrl_SOH_Ctrls_Tmp[0][0] < 1 Then
    __GUICtrl_SOH_ReleaseResources() ;Release the callbacks
Else
    $i__GUICtrl_SOH_CtrlsModified = 1
    $a__GUICtrl_SOH_Ctrls = $a__GUICtrl_SOH_Ctrls_Tmp
EndIf

Return 1

to this:

If $a__GUICtrl_SOH_Ctrls_Tmp[0][0] < 1 Then
    __GUICtrl_SOH_ReleaseResources() ;Release the callbacks
Else
    $i__GUICtrl_SOH_CtrlsModified = 1
EndIf

Return 1

Simon

• 6 months later...

Are you able to provide an example script of hovering over a picture (GuiCtrlCreatePic) made small in the GUI, which then displays a tooltip of that picture, but at original size? Like

I am also using Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1), which I believe is incompatible with your UDF. If i use OnEventMode I believe I cannot close the window when finished ...

eg

$fileAdminPic = "C:\WINDOWS\Web\Wallpaper\Bliss.bmp"

$pcAdminPic= GuiCtrlCreatePic($fileAdminPic,x, y, 20,20)

When you hover over the small picture only 20 x 20, you will get the original size in the hover box.

Thank you

• 4 months later...

I've found a small bug in your UDF:

Thanks, it's should be fixed inside __GUICtrl_SOH_ReleaseResources() function, by adding:

$a__GUICtrl_SOH_Ctrls = 0
Dim $a__GUICtrl_SOH_Ctrls[1][1]

Spoiler

My Work...

Spoiler

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngProjects: ATT - Application Translate Tool {new}| BlockIt - Block files & folders {new}| SIP - Selected Image Preview {new}| SISCABMAN - SciTE Abbreviations Manager {new}| AutoIt Path Switcher | AutoIt Menu for Opera! | YouTube Download Center! | Desktop Icons Restorator | Math Tasks | KeyBoard & Mouse Cleaner | CaptureIt - Capture Images Utility | CheckFileSize Program

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngUDFs: OnAutoItErrorRegister - Handle AutoIt critical errors {new}| AutoIt Syntax Highlight {new}| Opera Library! | Winamp Library | GetFolderToMenu | Custom_InputBox()! | _FileRun UDF | _CheckInput() UDF | _GUIInputSetOnlyNumbers() UDF | _FileGetValidName() UDF | _GUICtrlCreateRadioCBox UDF | _GuiCreateGrid() | _PathSplitByRegExp() | _GUICtrlListView_MoveItems - UDF | GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF! | _ControlTab UDF! | _MouseSetOnEvent() UDF! | _ProcessListEx - UDF | GUICtrl_SetResizing - UDF! | Mod. for _IniString UDFs | _StringStripChars UDF | _ColorIsDarkShade UDF | _ColorConvertValue UDF | _GUICtrlTab_CoverBackground | CUI_App_UDF | _IncludeScripts UDF | _AutoIt3ExecuteCode | _DragList UDF | Mod. for _ListView_Progress | _ListView_SysLink | _GenerateRandomNumbers | _BlockInputEx | _IsPressedEx | OnAutoItExit Handler | _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel UDF | WinControlSetEvent UDF | Mod. for _DirGetSizeEx UDF

ScreenSaver Demo - Matrix included | Gui Drag Without pause the script | _WinAttach()! | Turn Off/On Monitor | ComboBox Handler Example | Mod. for "Thinking Box" | Cool "About" Box | TasksBar Imitation Demo

Like the Projects/UDFs/Examples? Please rate the topic (up-right corner of the post header: Rating AutoIt_Rating.gif)

* === My topics === *

My_Userbar.gif

Update...

[v2.1] - [04.07.2012]

* Compatibility with ColorPicker.au3 UDF.

* Fixed issue with releasing resources (last unregistered control was still active for hovering).

+ Added function to release all resources: _GUICtrl_OnHoverReleaseResources

+ Added alternative UDF "GUICtrlOnHover_NoCallback.au3", it uses AdlibRegister instead of callback with timer. In some cases callback can cause a memory leak.

The disadvantage is obvious, any blocking function or loop will "freeze" the hovering events.

Spoiler

My Work...

Spoiler

* === My topics === *

My_Userbar.gif

• 4 months later...

I'm trying to use this library in my own script but i'm facing an issue : the action is randomly repeated.

For example if i try to open a FileOpenDialog on Mouse Primary Up action, it opens the file dialog more than one time.

This example is bouncing (opening file dialog more than one time randomly) :

Func PrimaryUp_Proc($iCtrlID)
   Switch $iCtrlID
     Case $Button
      GUICtrlSetImage($iCtrlID, $sImages_Path & "\Button_Hover.jpg")
      FileOpenDialog("BIOU", "", "")
   EndSwitch
EndFunc

I found a way to make it work properly but it involves using GUIGetMsg() and I would like to avoid that since my script is using OnEvent.

Am I missing something here ?

I hope someone can help me,

thank you in advance.

Edited by Slym

--------------------- [font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]LinuxLive USB Creator[/font], [size="3"]The only Linux Live USB creator with easy integrated virtualization (made with AutoIT)[/size] ---------------------

• 2 months later...

Firstly I'd just like to say how much I love this UDF, I have recently "upgraded" to Windows 8 and have started experiencing an issue with it.

OnHover on a particular set of items registers a "hover", "leave" and "click" function. Hover and Leave work perfectly every time, however on what appears to be random time/event, the Click function does not register. Sometimes it works perfectly, other times it just stops. I've tried debugging, putting basic items in the Click function, but the function is never called. The only way I've been able to have the click register again is to restart the app. Sometimes it happens after a few minutes, other times the app can work for half an hour without issue. I've never had a problem when the app is first launched.

Running under XP and Windows 7, I can run the app for days and not see the same issue. Have you any suggestions or experienced behaviour like this under Windows 8 before?

Thanks in advance

Edit: Solved it with _GUICtrl_OnHoverReleaseResources(). Not sure why it only occurred under Win8. Thanks again for a great function.

Edited by Steve0

• 5 months later...

Hello, I have a problem with this UDF.

The Hover works well but the Click does not work.
Function are not even call.

This is due to the child window.

Here is an example of the bug :

#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#Include <GUIConstants.au3>
#include "GUICtrlOnHover.au3"

;~ ***

$PARENT_GUI = GuiCreate('PARENT', 200, 100)
    $CHILD_GUI = GuiCreate('CHILD', 150, 50, 30, 30, $WS_CHILD, $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE, $PARENT_GUI)
        $bt1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("normal", 0, 0, 100, 30)
        _GUICtrl_OnHoverRegister(-1, "_Hover_Func", "_Leave_Hover_Func", "_Click_Hover_Func", "_Click_Leave_Hover_Func")
GuiSetState(@SW_SHOW, $PARENT_GUI)
GuiSetState(@SW_SHOW, $CHILD_GUI)

;~ ***

While 1
    $nMsg = GuiGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
;~      Case $bt1
;~          Exit
    EndSwitch
Wend

;~ ***

Func _Hover_Func()
    GUICtrlSetData($bt1, "hover")
EndFunc
Func _Click_Hover_Func()
    GUICtrlSetData($bt1, "click+hover")
EndFunc
Func _Leave_Hover_Func()
    GUICtrlSetData($bt1, "unhover")
EndFunc
Func _Click_Leave_Hover_Func()
    GUICtrlSetData($bt1, "click+unhover")
EndFunc
Edited by Xinnony

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, there is a bug on that issue.

I think it's somehow related to GUIRegisterMsg, soon i will check this issue and see how we can fix this.

Thanks.

Spoiler

My Work...

Spoiler

* === My topics === *

My_Userbar.gif

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

MrCreatoR

Am I allowed to post something based on this UDF?

I just checked it out, it's great but seems like you don't have enough time (or interest) to update and/or modify it based on the latest AutoIt version.

Yes, it works on latest versions but it could be updated to use the new AutoIt features, function references for example.

Let me know if it's OK, else I need your permission to use the modified version in my private projects (I won't share any source code).

Thanks for this great UDF.

Edited by D4RKON3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...