GUICtrlSetOnHover UDF!

MrCreatoR

with my example is much more simplier

Let me disagree with that, with your example you need to set additional function call inside the main loop and for each control you need to check manualy the event!

Many scripters doesn't like the idea of using the main loop by UDF, it (UDF) supose to "have life" of his own :).

u don`t need 4 functions to create the three states

Why is that not good? :) 3, 4, is that really matter? :) the main thing here is that you set once the functions, and you do what you need inside them for every control.

in the while loop with ur example it would grow to big....

It's only an example, you don't have to use the main loop at all, you can show the message box (or whatever is needed) in the function that called on PrimaryDown/Up event, it's just the handling of such internal needs better to see "on the surface".

Spoiler

Using OS: Win 7 Professional, Using AutoIt Ver(s): 3.3.6.1 / 3.3.8.1

AutoIt_Rus_Community.png AutoIt Russian Community

My Work...

Spoiler

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngProjects: ATT - Application Translate Tool {new}| BlockIt - Block files & folders {new}| SIP - Selected Image Preview {new}| SISCABMAN - SciTE Abbreviations Manager {new}| AutoIt Path Switcher | AutoIt Menu for Opera! | YouTube Download Center! | Desktop Icons Restorator | Math Tasks | KeyBoard & Mouse Cleaner | CaptureIt - Capture Images Utility | CheckFileSize Program

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngUDFs: OnAutoItErrorRegister - Handle AutoIt critical errors {new}| AutoIt Syntax Highlight {new}| Opera Library! | Winamp Library | GetFolderToMenu | Custom_InputBox()! | _FileRun UDF | _CheckInput() UDF | _GUIInputSetOnlyNumbers() UDF | _FileGetValidName() UDF | _GUICtrlCreateRadioCBox UDF | _GuiCreateGrid() | _PathSplitByRegExp() | _GUICtrlListView_MoveItems - UDF | GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF! | _ControlTab UDF! | _MouseSetOnEvent() UDF! | _ProcessListEx - UDF | GUICtrl_SetResizing - UDF! | Mod. for _IniString UDFs | _StringStripChars UDF | _ColorIsDarkShade UDF | _ColorConvertValue UDF | _GUICtrlTab_CoverBackground | CUI_App_UDF | _IncludeScripts UDF | _AutoIt3ExecuteCode | _DragList UDF | Mod. for _ListView_Progress | _ListView_SysLink | _GenerateRandomNumbers | _BlockInputEx | _IsPressedEx | OnAutoItExit Handler | _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel UDF | WinControlSetEvent UDF | Mod. for _DirGetSizeEx UDF

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngExamples: 
ScreenSaver Demo - Matrix included | Gui Drag Without pause the script | _WinAttach()! | Turn Off/On Monitor | ComboBox Handler Example | Mod. for "Thinking Box" | Cool "About" Box | TasksBar Imitation Demo

Like the Projects/UDFs/Examples? Please rate the topic (up-right corner of the post header: Rating AutoIt_Rating.gif)

* === My topics === *

==================================================
My_Userbar.gif

AutoIt is simple, subtle, elegant. © AutoIt Team

• 1 month later...

This is old, but I have to give my kudos. This is excellent. I was using a different udf, and concocted one of my own, but both of them caused problems elsewhere in the script. This seems to work flawlessly with no cpu load. Great work.

• 2 months later...

@Champak, @markedagain

Thanks for the feedbacks.

any suggestions?

Check the obfuscater? :)

Spoiler

My Work...

Spoiler

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngProjects: ATT - Application Translate Tool {new}| BlockIt - Block files & folders {new}| SIP - Selected Image Preview {new}| SISCABMAN - SciTE Abbreviations Manager {new}| AutoIt Path Switcher | AutoIt Menu for Opera! | YouTube Download Center! | Desktop Icons Restorator | Math Tasks | KeyBoard & Mouse Cleaner | CaptureIt - Capture Images Utility | CheckFileSize Program

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngUDFs: OnAutoItErrorRegister - Handle AutoIt critical errors {new}| AutoIt Syntax Highlight {new}| Opera Library! | Winamp Library | GetFolderToMenu | Custom_InputBox()! | _FileRun UDF | _CheckInput() UDF | _GUIInputSetOnlyNumbers() UDF | _FileGetValidName() UDF | _GUICtrlCreateRadioCBox UDF | _GuiCreateGrid() | _PathSplitByRegExp() | _GUICtrlListView_MoveItems - UDF | GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF! | _ControlTab UDF! | _MouseSetOnEvent() UDF! | _ProcessListEx - UDF | GUICtrl_SetResizing - UDF! | Mod. for _IniString UDFs | _StringStripChars UDF | _ColorIsDarkShade UDF | _ColorConvertValue UDF | _GUICtrlTab_CoverBackground | CUI_App_UDF | _IncludeScripts UDF | _AutoIt3ExecuteCode | _DragList UDF | Mod. for _ListView_Progress | _ListView_SysLink | _GenerateRandomNumbers | _BlockInputEx | _IsPressedEx | OnAutoItExit Handler | _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel UDF | WinControlSetEvent UDF | Mod. for _DirGetSizeEx UDF

ScreenSaver Demo - Matrix included | Gui Drag Without pause the script | _WinAttach()! | Turn Off/On Monitor | ComboBox Handler Example | Mod. for "Thinking Box" | Cool "About" Box | TasksBar Imitation Demo

Like the Projects/UDFs/Examples? Please rate the topic (up-right corner of the post header: Rating AutoIt_Rating.gif)

* === My topics === *

My_Userbar.gif

If you wish to use it on a TreeView see this topic

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=72441

Thanks, i will check this.

Spoiler

My Work...

Spoiler

* === My topics === *

My_Userbar.gif

• 2 months later...

Very useful UDF and working perfect on Vista, XP and Windows 2000 Server & Workstation. But the UDF is not working on Server 2003! Any idea how to get it working on server 2003?

I have created a GUI that looks like the Office2007 GUI, using your "Experimental version".

Code (very small version) with pics here

Compiled version here

• 2 weeks later...

Since MrCreator didn't update his Experimental version to new DLLCallback -functions, i did it and included my HWnd-fix:

#include-once
Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)
;_GUICtrlSetOnHover Initialize
Global $aHOVER_CONTROLS_ARRAY[1][1]
Global $aLAST_HOVERED_ELEMENT[2]                        = [-1, -1]
Global $LAST_HOVERED_ELEMENT_MARK                       = -1
Global $LAST_CLICKED_ELEMENT_MARK                       = -1
Global $pTimerProc                                      = DLLCallBackRegister("_MAIN_CALLBACK_ONHOVER_PROC","none", "hwnd;uint;uint;dword")
Global $uiTimer                                         = DllCall("user32.dll", "uint", "SetTimer", _
                                                                "hwnd", 0, "uint", TimerInit(), "int", 10, "ptr", DllCallBackGetPtr($pTimerProc))

$uiTimer = $uiTimer[0]

Opt("MustDeclareVars", 0)

;===============================================================================
;
; Function Name:    _GUICtrlSetOnHover()
; Description:      Set function(s) to call when hovering/leave hovering GUI elements.
; Parameter(s):     $iCtrlID - The Ctrl ID to set hovering for (can be a -1 as indication to the last item created).
;                   $sHoverFuncName - Function to call when the mouse is hovering the control.
;                   $sLeaveHoverFuncName - [Optional] Function to call when the mouse is leaving hovering the control
;                       (-1 - function is not called).
;                   $sPrimaryDownFuncName - [Optional] Function to call when Primary mouse button is clicked on the control.
;                   $sPrimaryUpFuncName - [Optional] Function to call when Primary mouse button is released on the control.
;
; Return Value(s):  Always returns 1 regardless of success.
; Requirement(s):   None.
; Note(s):          1) TreeView/ListView Items can not be set :(.
;                   2) When the window is not active, the hover/leave hover functions will still called,
;                      but not when the window is disabled.
;                   3) The hover/leave hover functions will be called even if the script is paused by such functions as MsgBox().
;
; Author(s):        G.Sandler (a.k.a CreatoR).
;
;===============================================================================
Func _GUICtrlSetOnHover($iCtrlID, $sHoverFuncName, $sLeaveHoverFuncName=-1, $sPrimaryDownFuncName=-1, $sPrimaryUpFuncName=-1)
    Local $iUbound = UBound($aHOVER_CONTROLS_ARRAY)
    ReDim $aHOVER_CONTROLS_ARRAY[$iUbound+1][5]

$aHOVER_CONTROLS_ARRAY[$iUbound][0] = GUICtrlGetHandle($iCtrlID)
    $aHOVER_CONTROLS_ARRAY[$iUbound][1] = $sHoverFuncName
    $aHOVER_CONTROLS_ARRAY[$iUbound][2] = $sLeaveHoverFuncName
    $aHOVER_CONTROLS_ARRAY[$iUbound][3] = $sPrimaryDownFuncName
    $aHOVER_CONTROLS_ARRAY[$iUbound][4] = $sPrimaryUpFuncName

$aHOVER_CONTROLS_ARRAY[0][0] = $iUbound

Return 1
EndFunc

;CallBack function to handle the hovering process
Func _MAIN_CALLBACK_ONHOVER_PROC($hWnd, $uiMsg, $idEvent, $dwTime)
    If UBound($aHOVER_CONTROLS_ARRAY)-1 < 1 Then Return

Local $hControlGetHovered = _ControlGetHoveredHWnd()
    Local $iControlGetHovered = _ControlGetID($hControlGetHovered)
    Local $iCheck_LHE = -1
    If $aLAST_HOVERED_ELEMENT[1] >= 0 Then $iCheck_LHE = GuiCtrlGetHandle($aLAST_HOVERED_ELEMENT[1])
    Local $iCheck_LCEM = $LAST_CLICKED_ELEMENT_MARK

;Leave Hovering Process and reset variables
    If $iControlGetHovered = 0 Or ($iCheck_LHE <> -1 And $hControlGetHovered <> $iCheck_LHE) Then
        If $LAST_HOVERED_ELEMENT_MARK = -1 Then Return
        If $aLAST_HOVERED_ELEMENT[0] <> -1 Then Call($aLAST_HOVERED_ELEMENT[0], $aLAST_HOVERED_ELEMENT[1])

$aLAST_HOVERED_ELEMENT[0] = -1
        $aLAST_HOVERED_ELEMENT[1] = -1
        $LAST_HOVERED_ELEMENT_MARK = -1
        $LAST_CLICKED_ELEMENT_MARK = -1
    Else ;Hovering Process, Primary Down/Up handler, and set LAST_HOVERED_ELEMENT
        For $i = 1 To $aHOVER_CONTROLS_ARRAY[0][0]
            If $aHOVER_CONTROLS_ARRAY[$i][0] = $hControlGetHovered Then

;Primary Down/Up handler
                If $iCheck_LCEM = -1 Or $iCheck_LCEM = $hControlGetHovered Then
                    Local $aCursorInfo = GUIGetCursorInfo()

If IsArray($aCursorInfo) Then
                        If $aCursorInfo[2] = 1 And $aHOVER_CONTROLS_ARRAY[$i][3] <> -1 Then
                            ;Primary Down

Call($aHOVER_CONTROLS_ARRAY[$i][3], $iControlGetHovered)
                            $LAST_CLICKED_ELEMENT_MARK = $hControlGetHovered
                        ElseIf $aCursorInfo[2] = 0 And $aHOVER_CONTROLS_ARRAY[$i][4] <> -1 And _
                            $iCheck_LCEM = $hControlGetHovered Then
                            ;Primary Up

Call($aHOVER_CONTROLS_ARRAY[$i][4], $iControlGetHovered)
                            $LAST_CLICKED_ELEMENT_MARK = -1
                        EndIf
                    EndIf
                EndIf

If $LAST_HOVERED_ELEMENT_MARK = $aHOVER_CONTROLS_ARRAY[$i][0] Then ExitLoop
                $LAST_HOVERED_ELEMENT_MARK = $aHOVER_CONTROLS_ARRAY[$i][0]

Call($aHOVER_CONTROLS_ARRAY[$i][1], $iControlGetHovered)

If $aHOVER_CONTROLS_ARRAY[$i][2] <> -1 Then
                    $aLAST_HOVERED_ELEMENT[0] = $aHOVER_CONTROLS_ARRAY[$i][2]
                    $aLAST_HOVERED_ELEMENT[1] = $iControlGetHovered
                EndIf

ExitLoop
            EndIf
        Next
    EndIf
EndFunc

;Thanks to amel27 for that one!!!
; modified by prog@ndy
Func _ControlGetID($ControlGetHovered)
    Local $ControlGetHoveredID = DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "GetDlgCtrlID", "hwnd", $ControlGetHovered)
    If @error Then Return
    Return $ControlGetHoveredID[0]
EndFunc

;Thanks to amel27 for that one!!!
; modified by prog@ndy
Func _ControlGetHoveredHwnd()
    Local $iOld_Opt_MCM = Opt("MouseCoordMode", 1)
    Local $mouse = MouseGetPos()
    Local $iRet = DllCall("user32.dll", "hwnd", "WindowFromPoint", _
        "long", $mouse[0], _
        "long", $mouse[1])
    Local $iError = @error
    Opt("MouseCoordMode", $iOld_Opt_MCM)
    If $iError Then Return Seterrot(1,0,0)
    Return $iRet[0]
EndFunc

;Release the CallBack resources
Func CallBack_Exit()
    DllCallbackFree($pTimerProc)
    DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "KillTimer", "hwnd", 0, "uint", $uiTimer)
EndFunc

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

I was so close to the solution but I gave up yesterday.

Prog@ndy Thank you very much, you are fantastic :) . It's now working and is not blocked by DEP on the Windows 2003/2008 servers.

I identified only a spelling error in line 132 --> Seterror instead of Seterrot

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New version!

History:

[v1.5]

+ Added AutoIt 3.2.10.0+ support, but 3.2.8.1 or less is dropped :) (due to lack of native CallBack functions).

+ Added Primary Down and Primary Up support. Helping to handle with the buttons pressing.

+ Added new arguments to calling function...

------The OnHover function now can recieve two more arguments:

------------------$iHoverMode - Defines the hover mode (1 - Hover, 2 - Leaves Hovering)

------------------$hWnd_Hovered - Control Handle where the mouse is moved to (after hovering).

* Almost all code of this UDF was rewritted.

* Now the main function name is _GUICtrl_SetOnHover(),

------but for backwards compatibility reasons, other (old) function names are still supported.

* Fixed bug with hovering controls in other apps.

* Improvements in generaly, the UDF working more stable now.

[v1.?]

* Beta changes, see this thread's previous posts for more details.

[v1.0]

* First release.

Now all examples and the latest UDF version can be found in one archive in first post! Edited by MrCreatoR

Spoiler

My Work...

Spoiler

* === My topics === *

My_Userbar.gif

are you ever going to add support for secondary up and down?

Can you show me when/how it will be usefull?

Spoiler

My Work...

Spoiler

* === My topics === *

My_Userbar.gif

it would be great having different functons for right and left clicks on controls.

He was talking about Secondary Up/Down, NOT Right/Left click.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• 2 months later...