Client Token?

Glyph

Are there client tokens in AutoIt?

I can't seem to find any commands or anything relating to it....

What kind of client tokens are you talking about? If you mean for Windows Server License Manager, why would there be? AutoIt is under a pretty liberal freeware (note: Not open source) license. You can make as many copies as you want in either private or commercial use, so why would it need client tokens?

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

What kind of client tokens are you talking about? If you mean for Windows Server License Manager, why would there be? AutoIt is under a pretty liberal freeware (note: Not open source) license. You can make as many copies as you want in either private or commercial use, so why would it need client tokens?

I thought AutoIt IS opensource ?

Autoit is limited Open Source.

There is no such thing as 'Limited' Open Source. Open Source has an official definition, and the Open Source Initiative (OSI) controls the definition. Although others may define it differently for their own reasons, a license is not really Open Source unless it is reviewed and approved by OSI. If a license is approved by the OSI as Open Source, and you then add some kind of "limited" change to it, it is no longer an Open Source license.

An example:

Microsoft recently had two of their new licenses reviewed by the OSI and declared Open Source. This is a change for them. In the past MS has simply tried to declare their non-open licenses "Open" on their own terms. Nobody bought it. Now they have revised a couple of their licenses and submitted them, finally getting approval from OSI. So the MS-PL is now an Open Source license, but if Microsoft adds a new twist to it and attempts to speak of their "limited-MS-PL" it will no longer be Open Source.

Some AutoIt source code for older versions is still available for download, but not the core source of the current version. There was a decision taken at some point by the AutoIt developers to not be an Open Source project.

Hope that helps clear things up.

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

I never got an answer. lol :)

That being said, the Client Token can be anything you choose. Usually, people use the GetTickCount api as a value for the Client Token.

Example:

Code:

Dim ClientToken

ClientToken = GetTickCount

If you make use of GetTickCount, don't forget to declare the API.

This is one of the replys i got on a different forum, what he posted as an example is what i need to know is possible in autoit, even if this is going to be difficult i need it done.

Edited by BackStabbed

tolle indicium

Backstabbed - I have no idea what you're looking for. That snippet you posted simply returns a measure of time.

Maybe look in the Date section under USer Defined Functions in the help file. You will see:

Converts the specified hours, minutes, and seconds to ticks.

#include <Date.au3>

_TimeToTicks ( [ $iHours = @Hour [, $iMins = @Min [, $iSecs = @Sec ]]] )

Converts the specified tick amount to hours, minutes and seconds.

#Include <Date.au3>

_TicksToTime ( $iTicks, $iHours, $iMins, $iSecs )

From what I read on the web page you posted, a Client Token is nothing more than a 32-bit value used to "seed" a function. They used GetTickCount as an example for a semi-random seed that would work, but any random number should be fine. If your trying to create one, just use random numbers, and use that in a hash function.

Now, if your trying to read the Client Token from the hash function listed, that's a different matter...

Ah, i just figured it out!

Yes, A client token of 1 would work. Hell, a client token of 0 used to work. Though I haven't tested in a while and they might not like that.

Heres the thing, A client token is a random number generated by the client and used for securing various parts of the connection sequence.

So yes, you can make it whatever you want.

People/the game, use Get Tick Count simply because it returns a 'random' number. Meaning theres really no was to predict it from an outside computer. And it changes often. It's just that it's more handy/reliable then writing your own random number generator.

~Hdx

tolle indicium