Organize Includes in Scite for Autoit

Xenobiologist

Hi Mega,

1st great work!!, great utility thx a lot :) .

I am currently not using any Beta version of AutoIt, and I your script stop working due to I think this:

If $InstallPath <> '' And $normalOrBetaOrBoth = 1 Or $normalOrBetaOrBoth = 3 Then _ArrayAdd($includesPathes_A, $InstallPath & '\Include\')
If $betaInstallPath <> '' And $normalOrBetaOrBoth = 2 Or $normalOrBetaOrBoth = 3 Then _ArrayAdd($includesPathes_A, $betaInstallPath & '\Include\')

Should add parenthesis to separate the OR condition from the AND:

If $InstallPath <> '' And ($normalOrBetaOrBoth = 1 Or $normalOrBetaOrBoth = 3) Then _ArrayAdd($includesPathes_A, $InstallPath & '\Include\')
If $betaInstallPath <> '' (And $normalOrBetaOrBoth = 2 Or $normalOrBetaOrBoth = 3) Then _ArrayAdd($includesPathes_A, $betaInstallPath & '\Include\')

and it works again like a charm (or at least works for me again :) .

Dom

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mega,

1st great work!!, great utility thx a lot :) .

I am currently not using any Beta version of AutoIt, and I your script stop working due to I think this:

If $InstallPath <> '' And $normalOrBetaOrBoth = 1 Or $normalOrBetaOrBoth = 3 Then _ArrayAdd($includesPathes_A, $InstallPath & '\Include\')
If $betaInstallPath <> '' And $normalOrBetaOrBoth = 2 Or $normalOrBetaOrBoth = 3 Then _ArrayAdd($includesPathes_A, $betaInstallPath & '\Include\')

Should add parenthesis to separate the OR condition from the AND:

If $InstallPath <> '' And ($normalOrBetaOrBoth = 1 Or $normalOrBetaOrBoth = 3) Then _ArrayAdd($includesPathes_A, $InstallPath & '\Include\')
If $betaInstallPath <> '' (And $normalOrBetaOrBoth = 2 Or $normalOrBetaOrBoth = 3) Then _ArrayAdd($includesPathes_A, $betaInstallPath & '\Include\')

and it works again like a charm (or at least works for me again :) .

Dom

Or maybe

If $InstallPath <> '' And BitAnd($normalOrBetaOrBoth,1) Then _ArrayAdd($includesPathes_A, $InstallPath & '\Include\')
If $betaInstallPath <> '' And BitAnd($normalOrBetaOrBoth ,2) Then _ArrayAdd($includesPathes_A, $betaInstallPath & '\Include\')
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Hi,

Another "fix" for the next release:

In the function getIncludes() instead of:

For $i = 1 To $lines_A[0] - 1

write

For $i = 1 To $lines_A[0]

otherwise you will miss the last file referenced in the includes.ini file (in my case WindowsConstants.au3 :) )

Dom.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

thanks everybody. I will fix the stuff you posted now.

Anything left?

Thanks!

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Thanks for the great program, very useful.

One suggestion, change the 'default'

Global $normalOrBetaOrBoth = IniRead($includesIni, 'Options', 'NormalOrBetaOrBoth', 3)oÝ÷ ÚÚºÚ"µÍÛØ[  ÌÍÛÜX[Ü]SÜÝH[TXY
    ÌÍÚ[ÛYÒ[K  ÌÎNÓÜ[ÛÉÌÎNË   ÌÎNÓÜX[Ü]SÜÝ ÌÎNËJBNØÚ[ÙHÛHÝÈÜX[

On my system I ended up with Registry entries for 'Beta' but the beta directory no longer existed.

The Organizer would start, display a message box that the path was invalid (from: Func _saveIncludePathesToIni() and then abort.

Setting the default value $normalOrBetaOrBoth to Normal would help idiots like me that haven't been keeping up with system maintenance. :)

Thanks!

Bill

Regarding the $normalOrBetaOrBoth setting.

I just installed again on a newly built system with AutoIt 3.2.12.1 installed (never had beta).

Got a similar error this time showed \Include\ as the path in error.

In the installer program the FileInstall statements are fully pathed to a directory that will not exist on most systems.

I have found that prefixing the source file with "\." will perform the FileInstall from the current directory.

FileInstall(".\sourcefile.xxx", $DestLocation)

Thanks again.

Bill

Hi,

yeah thanks!

I already changed a lot in that area. Just two other things to go/fix and then I will post the next version.

Mega

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

In the installer program the FileInstall statements are fully pathed to a directory that will not exist on most systems.

I have found that prefixing the source file with "\." will perform the FileInstall from the current directory.

FileInstall(".\sourcefile.xxx", $DestLocation)
Thanks for that tip!! It's very usefull.

I will make BugTrack report to include this tip into FileInstall helpfile documentation.

Hi,

new version. See first post!

Thanks!

Mega

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

everything fine for those who tested the new version?

Thanks!

Mega

Also I have noticed it can only be run from the account I used to install it.

Installed it from both accounts and now it works. But should work for all accounts with just one install.

Edited by engine

My contributions:Local account UDF Registry UDFs DriverSigning UDF Windows Services UDF [url="http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=81880"][/url]

• 2 weeks later...

Also I have noticed it can only be run from the account I used to install it.

Installed it from both accounts and now it works. But should work for all accounts with just one install.

Hi,

Scite puts its SciteUser.properties into user account folder. That is why, OI works with this user specific property file.

So this comes with Scite not with OI and IMO this behaviour is fine.

Mega

Hi,

Scite puts its SciteUser.properties into user account folder. That is why, OI works with this user specific property file.

So this comes with Scite not with OI and IMO this behaviour is fine.

Mega

I agree it is fine. However AutoIt and SciTE4AutoIt3 are installed globally. If this UDF is included it must be global too.

It's just my opinion.

Regards.

My contributions:Local account UDF Registry UDFs DriverSigning UDF Windows Services UDF [url="http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=81880"][/url]

Thanks to all of you.

My french got a bit lost over the last 10 years, but I was able to understand your words! muttley

Topic : Include OI in Scite.

I guess this will never happen, cause the script has grown gradually and Jos will never support something like that.

But never say never. If he tolds me what to change for getting into it, I will do.

Maybe some day, Jos implements a link for those who want to try the script.

That would be nice.

Mega

P.S. : I'm still open for suggestions and improvements. :)

E.g. : I could create a new ini for all the words used in OI and then OI could be multilingual.

E.g. : I could create a new ini for all the words used in OI and then OI could be multilingual.

Even if AutoIt and Scite4AutoIt is only in English, I find that it would really be a very good idea.

Best Regards.Thierry

• Developers

Topic : Include OI in Scite.

I guess this will never happen, cause the script has grown gradually and Jos will never support something like that.

But never say never. If he tolds me what to change for getting into it, I will do.

Maybe some day, Jos implements a link for those who want to try the script.

That would be nice.

Mega,

Not sure why you say that it will never happen. I remember you asked in the beginning of the development of your utility to have it included in the SciTE4AutoIt3 package and I am not sure what I exactly answered but don't think it was ready at that time.

I have nothing against including it in the SciTE4AutoIt3 installer when there is a benefit for a larger group of users of this utility.

I have included a new directive in the current Beta version of SciTE4AutoIt3 that will add all missing "standard constants" includes.

If your script does a better job, I could even replace that internal Func with calling your script.

I haven't looked at it for that last couple of months but will give it a spin again to see how things work and give some feedback.

Just some general question I have without having looked yet:

1. Does your script follow the exact standard for Include path search etc. I see you define "extra" includes in an INI? Are you also reading the same Registry entries as AutoIt3 does for finding extra includes?

2. Do you support a commandline option to tell it to use Production or Beta includes?

More to follow in the coming days.. Thanks

Jos muttley

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)