stuka

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This code can error out if you have drives other than hard drives or USB drives. My Cardreader shows as 5 separate "Fixed" drives and since there is no media in them I get errors. You might want to take a look at using DriveStatus() since I suspect you are checking the drives in a loop.

If DriveGetStatus($Drive) <> "Ready" Then ContinueLoop

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• 7 months later...

I have been getting positive as well as negative feedbacks from around the globe regarding Autorun Eater. So far there are more than 230,000 downloads.

Are you an Autorun Eater user? If so, what do you think can be improved or any extra features which can be included in future releases?

Thank you! :P

How about an autorun.inf editor?

Don't bother, It's inside your monitor!------GUISetOnEvent should behave more like HotKeySet()

Nice work but IMHO a better idea is a script which runs at startup and checks the NoDriveTypeAutoRun registry values for both machine and user. If these are anything other than 0xFF, it sets them to 0xFF, warns the user and reboots.

This covers the possibility of malware (or security-unaware programmers) turning it back on.

• 1 month later...

Be careful asking about that Valik already sent out his warning!

It's allowed to be asked once per thread.

[left][sub]We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.[/sub][sup]And the machine is bleeding to death...[/sup][sup][/sup][/left]

• 6 months later...

great job, some thing in the exact direction i was travelling.

i had sorted out the monitoring engine a little bit in wmi and win api as well, testing which of them is gonna be better for me.

as most autorun detectors rely on just detecting the file and the signature, i have been reading through the file and trying to check the file name entries and alert the user - this is what i said just the in the same direction. only i didnt notice that it exists since years now!!!

can u post it on some more repositories like softpedia, it would be of great use to others, i will post if there is anything i have to say about the software.

to start with, i would request a portable version.. as i am a great fan of non installation type of software!

another thing, just a bit of doubt, i would think that u use variables to store the data read from the autorun.inf files.

so would suggest (pls dont mistake me i know u are a better coder than i am, but still a small suggestion) using memory freeing (emptyworkingset) after the operation (i do feel that u might already be doing it...)

Hmmm... could you explain a lil' further? How would it benefit Autorun Eater?

I've been thinking about improving the engine so that it can differentiate between a legitimate autorun.inf file and one used for malicious purposes(it can, but not good enough yet). I got feedbacks saying that it removed Ceedo and U3's autorun.inf as well. It's gonna be tough to do it but any ideas?

Well you can get try to get the file size of the virus programe..then if it is below 1 to 2MB it can probably a virus programe!!

but this can get deferenciated smtimes.

but mostly virus .exe files are below 1MB so that it will get copied fast and easily.

Just a suggestion!! :D