AutoIt and Windows 98

emmebi

• Developers

Hi, I need some help ...

I am trying to use AutoIt on a Win98 machine.. but I'm stuck.

EXEs created with Aut2exe (on another machine) ... none... doesn't even start!

AutoIt3.exe itself does not start.... :)

look at the Ansi version ... AutoIt3A.exe ;)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

I've run AutoIt on three Windows 98 computers... If you can, configure Scite to run the Autoit3A program, definitely not the wrapper. Autoit can seriously screw up the command prompt-based programs if you aren't careful with it.

What is the problem with the AutoIt3Wrapper ? should work fine on win98 as far as I know ...

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Hi, I need some help ...

I am trying to use AutoIt on a Win98 machine.. but I'm stuck.

EXEs created with Aut2exe (on another machine) ... none... doesn't even start!

AutoIt3.exe itself does not start.... :)

Instal Scite4Autoit3 and then you can easily switch to compile with ANSI version of Aut2ExeA as defaultby

setting in AutoIt3Wrapper.ini UseAnsi=1. After that you can compile by hitting F7 in Scite into ANSI compatible AutoIt EXEs.

I'm working this way and I have no problems on WIN98.

In response to the query, let me say that with the three Windows 98's I've run AutoIt on, the Wrapper program only entails disaster. This may be because it uses DOS-like arguments (I've had the same effect on the Nullsoft Installer), but AutoIt really seems to mess with the DOS programs. I've discovered that if I avoid the Wrapper program, the DOS issues do not always persist.

• Developers

In response to the query, let me say that with the three Windows 98's I've run AutoIt on, the Wrapper program only entails disaster. This may be because it uses DOS-like arguments (I've had the same effect on the Nullsoft Installer), but AutoIt really seems to mess with the DOS programs. I've discovered that if I avoid the Wrapper program, the DOS issues do not always persist.

That doesn't make it much clearer to me ...... I am pretty sure things worked fine on Win98 the last time I check but will be the first one to admit I don't test all changes anymore on Win98.

<_<

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

That doesn't make it much clearer to me ...... I am pretty sure things worked fine on Win98 the last time I check but will be the first one to admit I don't test all changes anymore on Win98.

<_<

I have no problems on a Windows 98 and autoit 3, 2, 1, 14