AutoEditDebugger

martin

Another update.

Improved stepping speed, improved Line Breaks. Minor fixes and improvements.

See first post.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another update.

Improved stepping speed, improved Line Breaks. Minor fixes and improvements.

See first post.

i think you uploaded the wrong file...

all i see in the zip is a .ink file.

edit: lol nvm :D

Edited by Alek

[font="Impact"]Never fear, I is here.[/font]

• 2 weeks later...

I ran into a problem. I opened the script and when I went to debug (either button or menu), I got the following error:

AutoEditorDebugger.au3 (630) : ==> Unable to execute the external program.:

Run($ToRun)

It looks like it's because of line 37:

Global $AutoItexePath = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AutoIt v3\AutoIt","betaInstallDir");installDir for production

Did I miss where you said that it requires the beta version to run? Cause I'm not doing the beta thing.

BlueBearrOddly enough, this is what I do for fun.

I ran into a problem. I opened the script and when I went to debug (either button or menu), I got the following error:

AutoEditorDebugger.au3 (630) : ==> Unable to execute the external program.:

Run($ToRun)

It looks like it's because of line 37:

Global $AutoItexePath = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AutoIt v3\AutoIt","betaInstallDir");installDir for production

Did I miss where you said that it requires the beta version to run? Cause I'm not doing the beta thing.

You didn't miss it because I didn't say. In fact I didn't even remember that I forced it to use the Beta version. Not a good idea.

I've changed the download as follows

AutoEditorDebugger.au3

line 37 changed to

Global $AutoItexePath = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AutoIt v3\AutoIt","InstallDir");installDir for production

Changed function DB_WriteDefaults at line 377 to

Func DB_Writedefaults($sF)

;Writes setting to file $sF
    IniWrite($sF,'Defaults','Use Beta',$GUI_UNCHECKED)   ;was $GUI_CHECKED
    IniWrite($sF,'Defaults','Use Production',$GUI_CHECKED);was $GUI_UNCHECKED

Note that the function change will only effect the settings the first time the debugger is run when the ini file is created. To change the default settings after this use the menu option Debugger|Debugger Settings. For the 'Full Path to Script' choose 'Defaults', then in the group 'Run Script in Debug Mode for' click the Production radio button.

AutoMonitDB.au3

Changed line 237 to

$AutoItexePath = $AutoItProdexePath;default to Prod
Edited by martin
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

• 2 weeks later...

I need dllcallback.au3 for run the debugger.

Here is a link to piccaso's dllcallback.au3

Since it's included with AutoIt in the most recent versions I stopped including it with my script.

• 4 months later...

The Get_Editor_Debugger9.zip is empty!

It isn't empty when I try. Please check again.

This is how it should work:

click on the link it should download a zipped file.

Extract the file and you will get a shortcut to a URL.

Double ckick the shortcut and it will download a zip file with the UDF.

Ahhhhh ok... I saw the .lnk file the first time...

btw... why not a simple link?

It isn't empty when I try. Please check again.

This is how it should work:

click on the link it should download a zipped file.

Extract the file and you will get a shortcut to a URL.

Double ckick the shortcut and it will download a zip file with the UDF.

Ahhhhh ok... I saw the .lnk file the first time...

That's good.

btw... why not a simple link?

If I upload all the scripts to the AutoIt website my alloted storage space will run out too soon.

If I give a link to the actual storage then I don't know if anyone is actually downloading it as a measure of interest. (When you have an ego the size of Jupiter then you need something like that.) This way I can see when someone downloads the link and so get an idea of the interest or not without using any significant storage space on the AutoIt website. I can't tell when someone downloads from the link.

Here is a link to piccaso's dllcallback.au3

Since it's included with AutoIt in the most recent versions I stopped including it with my script.

Sorry, but I get a "Page not found" for the link. Any new link??

Also, I just installed both the newest "production" release and the beta release and did not get the dllcallback.au3 file. I did get dllcallbackfree.au3, dllcallbackgetptr.au3 and dllcallbackregister.au3 along with the dllcall.au3 but those were in the Examples directory not the Include directory.

Thanks and hope I can get it to work as I have been waiting for something like this.

E

This file is not needed anymore, because the functions are now included in the default lib muttley

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

Sorry, but I get a "Page not found" for the link. Any new link??

Also, I just installed both the newest "production" release and the beta release and did not get the dllcallback.au3 file. I did get dllcallbackfree.au3, dllcallbackgetptr.au3 and dllcallbackregister.au3 along with the dllcall.au3 but those were in the Examples directory not the Include directory.

Thanks and hope I can get it to work as I have been waiting for something like this.

E

As ProgAndy says you shouldn't need that file any more.

If you have a problem after updating AutoIt then you need to download the latest version from the first page of this thread which, as far as I know, works with the latest Production version.

If you have a particular problem then let me know what it is.

As ProgAndy says you shouldn't need that file any more.

If you have a problem after updating AutoIt then you need to download the latest version from the first page of this thread which, as far as I know, works with the latest Production version.

If you have a particular problem then let me know what it is.

Thanks for the info. However, I get a message when trying run it "Line 13 (File [path]\MonItTemp.au3)

#include 'Include\dllcallback.au3'

error: error opening file

Soooooo, if I don't need the dllcallback.au3 file, why this error? I have put it in the autoit Include directory, the directory that the debugger file is run from, the directory where my script is being run from.

Any guidance would be wonderful.

Oh, I am using v2.1 of the debugger (downloaded this today) and 1.62 of the AutoMonitorDB. Also, tried on AutoIt version 3.2.12.0 and beta 3.2.13.3 with the same results.

Thanks

E

Thanks for the info. However, I get a message when trying run it "Line 13 (File [path]\MonItTemp.au3)

#include 'Include\dllcallback.au3'

error: error opening file

Soooooo, if I don't need the dllcallback.au3 file, why this error? I have put it in the autoit Include directory, the directory that the debugger file is run from, the directory where my script is being run from.

Any guidance would be wonderful.

Oh, I am using v2.1 of the debugger (downloaded this today) and 1.62 of the AutoMonitorDB. Also, tried on AutoIt version 3.2.12.0 and beta 3.2.13.3 with the same results.

Thanks

E

Oh dear, that sounds like I put one of the old files in the download.

I haven't got time to look at this now so for the moment replace BBMonit.au3 with this version (attachment removed because included in download)

I'll sort the download out Friday night, but I would be grateful if you could let me know if that fixes the problem.

Edited by martin

Oh dear, that sounds like I put one of the old files in the download.

I haven't got time to look at this now so for the moment replace BBMonit.au3 with this version

I'll sort the download out Friday night, but I would be grateful if you could let me know if that fixes the problem.

I had to uninstall my AutoIt since there was some reason I got a error accessing the ScrollBarsConstants.au3 file.

Seems to work now.

Hope you can get the new files up there so others don't have this problem.

Again, thanks and what a GREAT tool!!!

E

I had to uninstall my AutoIt since there was some reason I got a error accessing the ScrollBarsConstants.au3 file.

Seems to work now.

Hope you can get the new files up there so others don't have this problem.

I've made a quick change so that the download has the correct files. Glad it works again now.

... what a GREAT tool!!!

E

Thanks (Hoping that was a comment about my script and not about me!)

Hmm, just tried newest download and the script crashes moments after the window is shown with an error in SciLexer.dll v1.70. Any ideas?

Vista Ultimate SP1 32-bit

I haven't tried running the debugger on Vista until I read your post. I just tried on a 64 bit version and it fails to create the debugging code, possibly because regread failed to get the path for the AutoIt installation folder.

On a 32 bit version of Vista I would have expected it to run. You say it crashes as soon as the window is shown but which window? Do you mean the first window? What is the error message?

What version of AutoIt do you have? The latest download works with Production 3.2.12.1 and Beta 3.2.13.3.