need help with capturing strings

adamgal

Hi,

Anyone know if there's a simple way to trigger some function when the user types in a certain string (like in autohotkey)?

I know I can build something like that, but I wondered if there was something similar to sethotkey()

thanks,

Adam

Sounds like you might want to check into a key logger. Unless I am mistaken you are wanting someone to type something like 'showmethemoney' and it executes a script?

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

why not?

I just need it to automate some extremely tedious work and I have too many shortcuts for all of them to be alt-something ctrl-something etc. and still have it set up comfortably, basically I just need some way to get the last key that was pressed, like in GLUT.

the thing is, there are other free programs that do this but I couldn't find one with a half decent language and if I could do it in autoit it would save alot of headaches

You can use one key for hundreds of functions if you like. Here I will show you how to use only the pause key with ALT, or Shift to do all your stuff.

hotkeyset("{pause}","start")
hotkeyset("!{pause}","display")
hotkeyset("+{pause}","stop")
$num=0
$x=Stringsplit("func1,func2,func3,func4,func5,func6",",")
start()
while 1
sleep(10)
wend

func display()
select
   case $num=1
     msgbox(1,"info","you selected " & $num )
   case else
   msgbox(1,"info","you can put a lot of cases like " & $num)
endselect
endfunc

func start()
if $num>5 then $num=0
$num=$num+1
tooltip("Pause to cycle"& @crlf &"Shift Pause to quit"& @crlf &"Press ALT+Pause for "&$x[$num],0,0)
endfunc

func stop()
exit
endfunc

This way it is available in any application, and doesn't need to be a key logger. You can set up an array for all your text, and if you had a lot of them, you could modify it to have 10 or 20 hotkeys per cycle instead of one.

AutoIt3, the MACGYVER Pocket Knife for computers.

Here is a dynamic one, you can see I set it up to run programs that are in the array, but you can also set an array to do a lot more.

hotkeyset("{pause}","start")
hotkeyset("!{pause}","display")
hotkeyset("+{pause}","stop")
$num=0
$x=Stringsplit("info,notepad.exe,calc.exe,explorer.exe,c:\bob.exe,myprogram.exe",",")
start()
while 1
sleep(10)
wend

func display()
select
   case $num=1
     msgbox(1,"info","you selected " & $num )
   case else
   msgbox(1,'info','in this case, I would have done a run("'&$x[$num]&'")')
endselect
endfunc

func start()
if $num>=$x[0] then $num=0
$num=$num+1
tooltip("Pause to cycle"& @crlf &"Shift Pause to quit"& @crlf &"Press ALT+Pause for "&$x[$num],0,0)
endfunc

func stop()
exit
endfunc

AutoIt3, the MACGYVER Pocket Knife for computers.