Help with _API_PostMessage

ofLight

Can anyone post an example use of _API_PostMessage from A3LWinAPI.au3 ?? or if not can any of you DLL masters out there point me in the right direction with useing User32.dll and PostMessageA within AutoIt? I have tried manny different combinations but am apparently just not understanding exactly what the syntax needs to be.

My clearly failed and garbald attempt

$activeWin = WinGetHandle("")
    $Result = DllCall("User32.dll", "int", "PostMessageA", "hwnd", $activeWin, "int", "test message text", "int", "", "int", "")
    MsgBox(0,"",$Result)

There is always a butthead in the crowd, no matter how hard one tries to keep them out.......Volly

Can anyone post an example use of _API_PostMessage from A3LWinAPI.au3 ?? or if not can any of you DLL masters out there point me in the right direction with useing User32.dll and PostMessageA within AutoIt? I have tried manny different combinations but am apparently just not understanding exactly what the syntax needs to be.

My clearly failed and garbald attempt

$activeWin = WinGetHandle("")
    $Result = DllCall("User32.dll", "int", "PostMessageA", "hwnd", $activeWin, "int", "test message text", "int", "", "int", "")
    MsgBox(0,"",$Result)
Instead of "test message text" must be some Windows message code, for example WM_QUIT

Search forum for DllCall & SendMessage to see how it's used.

Also

MsgBox(0,"",$Result[0])

Also say what exactly do you want to do?

Edited by Zedna

• Moderators

"int", "test message text"

See anything wrong there?... ie... you say you are sending an integer, yet you included a string....

Edit:

:)

See what I get for getting something to drink before I post, beat by 8 minutes!! <_<

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.