What is COM error 2?

Shyke

The title says it all. I've attempted to look it up but with no luck.

"What is COM error 2?"

(I can't provide a reproducer because I can't figure out what causes it)

Depends on the COM interface that sent it. What was it doing, where's the code...?

<_<

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

I don't know.

My error reporter system sends me messages that say:

That's all I have to work with.

Ohhhh Kaayyyy.... we can play 20 questions...

Q2. Do you know which AutoIt script was running at the time?

<_<

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

No as my report code is inside a UDF that is sent out with all my software. I'll get you the most commonly used commands.

$object.navigate()
$object.locationurl
$object.readystate
$object.document.body.innerHTML
$object.document.forms.item

You should be able to find automation error codes and text in Winerror.h or here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/186063

Don't think you're gonna find "2" however. Better look at your error reporting routine.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

No as my report code is inside a UDF that is sent out with all my software. I'll get you the most commonly used commands.

$object.navigate()
$object.locationurl
$object.readystate
$object.document.body.innerHTML
$object.document.forms.item
Those all look like properties of an IE object, either from _IECreate() or your own call to ObjCreate("InternetExplorer.Application"). But, just because they are most commonly used doesn't mean they are the ones throwing the error.

Dale's answer implies the error codes in winerror.h are the only ones you should get from IE (and 00000002 isn't one of them), but I would assume a particular app or COM interface can also have its own error code not listed there. So:

Q3. Are there objects obtained by either ObjGet() or ObjCreate() in your scripts, other than from IE?

<_<