Looking for way to add custom UDF's to Scite so that it gets the function popup like built in functions

bdb4269

You know after you type a func and then "(" (and after every ",") it pops up with a tooltip showing the argument list for that function, for easy reference...

Is there a way to add custom UDF's so that it will popup for those as well?

I've thought from time to time to write a script that looks at a given file or directory containing files and append the UDFs to the calltips list. I've also on many occasions wished that I would write the tool to delete calltips for functions that I never use.

I guess an alternative (more processor intensive ) approach would be a LUA script that would:

hook the scite file open

if the filetype is .au3 parse the file looking for function calls and #includes,

comparing the treewalk of called udfs to the ones for which there already are calltips,

appending the utilized udfs into the calltips database.

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to dredge up an old subject but Mhz wrote a script to add udf funcs to the calltips file.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=22636

Sorry to dredge up an old subject

Why? You were using the search funciton. That in and of itself deserves a medal.

"It is always better to post in an existing thread then it is to create a new one"

(Shamelessly ripped from the "Posting and You" flash vid)

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache

"It is always better to post in an existing thread then it is to create a new one"

Ain't that the truth!! <_<

In my defense, I did try searching, but was unable to find anything, due to my use of inadequate search terms. Because at the time, i didn't know the term "calltips" to include in my search. :">