Input detection

Hello,

I've been trying to design a program for you to enter a password in.

My question is: Is there a way to detect if a character (Letter or Number) was put into an input?

This is my code so far:

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

$Form1 = GUICreate("Password", 179, 66, 193, 115)
$Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Please type your password to get in:", 0, 8, 174, 17)
$Input1 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 0, 24, 169, 21)
$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Go", 0, 48, 171, 17, 0)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            MsgBox(16, "Password", "You have to type your password to get in!")
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Any help is appreciated. <_<

Ok, I got the Winapi.au3 but your script doesn't work:

I have beta, the latest version, and I have AU3Lib Installed

Errors:

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Documents and Settings\Jar\Desktop\Test.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3" /UserParams    
+>20:45:01 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.9.2
>Running AU3Check (1.54.9.0)  from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3
C:\Documents and Settings\Jar\Desktop\Test.au3(8,131) : WARNING: $Debug_Ed possibly not declared/created yet
$Debug_Ed = False ; Check ClassName being passed to Edit functions, set to True and use a handle to another control to see it work
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Jar\Desktop\Test.au3(61,116) : WARNING: $EN_ALIGN_LTR_EC: possibly used before declaration.
                Case $EN_ALIGN_LTR_EC  ; Sent when the user has changed the edit control direction to left-to-right
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Jar\Desktop\Test.au3(66,116) : WARNING: $EN_ALIGN_RTL_EC: possibly used before declaration.
                Case $EN_ALIGN_RTL_EC  ; Sent when the user has changed the edit control direction to right-to-left
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Jar\Desktop\Test.au3(71,120) : WARNING: $EN_CHANGE: possibly used before declaration.
                Case $EN_CHANGE  ; Sent when the user has taken an action that may have altered text in an edit control
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Jar\Desktop\Test.au3(77,120) : WARNING: $EN_ERRSPACE: possibly used before declaration.
                Case $EN_ERRSPACE  ; Sent when an edit control cannot allocate enough memory to meet a specific request
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Jar\Desktop\Test.au3(82,102) : WARNING: $EN_HSCROLL: possibly used before declaration.
                Case $EN_HSCROLL  ; Sent when the user clicks an edit control's horizontal scroll bar
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Jar\Desktop\Test.au3(87,89) : WARNING: $EN_KILLFOCUS: possibly used before declaration.
                Case $EN_KILLFOCUS  ; Sent when an edit control loses the keyboard focus
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Jar\Desktop\Test.au3(92,142) : WARNING: $EN_MAXTEXT: possibly used before declaration.
                Case $EN_MAXTEXT  ; Sent when the current text insertion has exceeded the specified number of characters for the edit control
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Jar\Desktop\Test.au3(102,91) : WARNING: $EN_SETFOCUS: possibly used before declaration.
                Case $EN_SETFOCUS  ; Sent when an edit control receives the keyboard focus
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Jar\Desktop\Test.au3(108,87) : WARNING: $EN_UPDATE: possibly used before declaration.
                Case $EN_UPDATE  ; Sent when an edit control is about to redraw itself
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Jar\Desktop\Test.au3(113,163) : WARNING: $EN_VSCROLL: possibly used before declaration.
                Case $EN_VSCROLL  ; Sent when the user clicks an edit control's vertical scroll bar or when the user scrolls the mouse wheel over the edit control
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Jar\Desktop\Test.au3(61,116) : ERROR: $EN_ALIGN_LTR_EC: undeclared global variable.
                Case $EN_ALIGN_LTR_EC  ; Sent when the user has changed the edit control direction to left-to-right
C:\Documents and Settings\Jar\Desktop\Test.au3(23,66) : ERROR: _GUICtrlStatusBar_Create(): undefined function.
    $StatusBar = _GUICtrlStatusBar_Create ($hGUI, $aPartRightSide)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Jar\Desktop\Test.au3(24,64) : ERROR: _GUICtrlStatusBar_SetIcon(): undefined function.
    _GUICtrlStatusBar_SetIcon ($StatusBar, 3, 97, "shell32.dll")
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Jar\Desktop\Test.au3(30,54) : ERROR: _GUICtrlEdit_AppendText(): undefined function.
    _GUICtrlEdit_AppendText ($hEdit, "This is a test")
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Jar\Desktop\Test.au3(33,89) : ERROR: _GUICtrlEdit_GetModify(): undefined function.
    _GUICtrlStatusBar_SetText ($StatusBar, "Modified: " & _GUICtrlEdit_GetModify ($hEdit)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Jar\Desktop\Test.au3(33,93) : ERROR: _GUICtrlStatusBar_SetText(): undefined function.
    _GUICtrlStatusBar_SetText ($StatusBar, "Modified: " & _GUICtrlEdit_GetModify ($hEdit), 2)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Jar\Desktop\Test.au3(44,68) : ERROR: _GUICtrlEdit_GetText(): undefined function.
    _DebugPrint("Input Changed: " & _GUICtrlEdit_GetText ($hControl)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Jar\Desktop\Test.au3(49,42) : ERROR: _GUICtrlEdit_SetSel(): undefined function.
    _GUICtrlEdit_SetSel ($hControl, 0, -1)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Jar\Desktop\Test.au3(56,40) : ERROR: _WinAPI_LoWord(): undefined function.
    $iIDFrom = _WinAPI_LoWord ($iwParam)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Jar\Desktop\Test.au3(57,38) : ERROR: _WinAPI_HiWord(): undefined function.
    $iCode = _WinAPI_HiWord ($iwParam)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Jar\Desktop\Test.au3 - 10 error(s), 11 warning(s)
!>20:45:01 AU3Check ended.rc:2
+>20:45:06 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished
>Exit code: 0    Time: 5.455

Ok, Well never mind that, What I'm trying to accomplish with my script is that if a user enters a key, and its not a specific letter I want, then It will change that part to the letter I want, I don't know if I'm explaining it right but here is my code so bar:

Global $B = 0
Global $B1 = 1

$Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Please type your password to get in:", 0, 8, 174, 17)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    _Read()
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Func _Read()
$Read = GUICtrlRead($Input1)
    If WinActive($Form1) AND $Read =  NOT "" AND $B = 0 Then
        GUICtrlSetData($Input1, "A")
        $B += 1
    EndIf
    If WinActive($Form1) AND $Read = NOT "" AND $B = 1 AND $B1 = 1 Then
        GuICtrlSetData($Input1, "u")
        $B +=1
    Endif
EndFunc

I want it to spell AutoIt when I'm done. Thanks. <_<

Ok, Well never mind that, What I'm trying to accomplish with my script is that if a user enters a key, and its not a specific letter I want, then It will change that part to the letter I want, I don't know if I'm explaining it right but here is my code so bar:

Global $B = 0
Global $B1 = 1

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    _Read()
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Func _Read()
        $B += 1
    EndIf
        $B +=1
    Endif
EndFunc

B will only equal 0 or 1 once. You never reset it at all so it will continually be adding +1 every single time. I don't see why any WinApi has to be used. Plus if you just do Guictrlsetdata it will get rid of all previous data entered so you are going to have to do Guictrlsetdata($Input1, Guictrlread($input1) & "u" or whatever) My advice would be to add each letter to an array that should make it a lot easier on you.

Global $B = 0
Global $B1 = 1

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    _Read()
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Func _Read()
        $B += 1
    EndIf
        $B +=1
    Endif
EndFunc

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    _Read("AutoIt")
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Func _Read($IPWanted)
Local $l1 = StringLen($Read)
Local $l2 = StringLen($IPWanted)
If $l1 < $L2 Then
    GUICtrlSetData($Input1,StringLeft($ipwanted,$l1))
Else
    GUICtrlSetData($input1,$IPWAnted)
EndIf

EndFunc

EDIT: On second thoughts it would be better to do this maybe

GUIRegisterMsg($WM_COMMAND,"MY_WM_COMMAND")
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
        ;MsgBox(16, "Password", "You have to type your password to get in!")
            Exit
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Func _Read($IPWanted)
    Local $l1 = StringLen($Read)
    Local $l2 = StringLen($IPWanted)
    If $l1 < $L2 Then
        GUICtrlSetData($Input1,StringLeft($ipwanted,$l1))
    Else
        GUICtrlSetData($input1,$IPWAnted)
    EndIf

EndFunc

Func MY_WM_COMMAND($hWnd, $Msg, $wParam, $lParam)
    $nNotifyCode    = BitShift($wParam, 16)
    $nID            = BitAnd($wParam, 0x0000FFFF)

If Not $hWnd = $Form1 Then Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG

If $nNotifyCode = $EN_CHANGE And $nID = $Input1 Then
        _Read("AutoIt")
        Return 0
    EndIf

Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG

EndFunc
Edited by martin
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.