DL'ing problems

Hi all. I saw this website and became interested in learning how scripting and automated programs work.

The problem I'm having is when I download the autoitv3 file and go to install it, I get a warning message saying the file is incomplete, corrupt, or has a virus. Any ideas as to why this is happening? Thanks!

Do you download from this page?

Is it your antivirus software (please mention witch) throwing the mesage or does it come from the executable file?

Try to doenload the zip'er version. Unzip it. Go to the scite folder, star scitet, write:

msgbox(49, "TEST", "TEST")

Hit F5.

Report back.

i used AD-awareSE to scan just now, and I think that it might be giving me a flase alarm. The actual warning message was just a WindowsXP message. My firewall is NVIDIA but the firewall didn't react. I did download from the link you sent me, which again leads me to think it's just something weird with my computer.

I'll take your advice and try the other file right now.

EDIT: I followed your directions (I copy/pasted it into the first line), but nothing happened after I hit F5. However the files DL'd properly and I didn't get any warning messages! What was the SciTe/F5 thing supposed to do?

Edited by pickupstix60

It is suposed to run the script. hm, I did forget to say you had to save the file. test.au3. The extention is essential. Sorry about that. Had to finish in a hurry as the baby needed som lulaby support..<_<

By the way, welcome to the forum and Autoit..:)