IE explorer help

kdpine

I am a new coder and am stuck on trying to select the address bar in IE. I want to direct IE to a specific web page to login and open an application. I have it working if my default home page is set to the login page. If my default is different, http://www.msn.com or anything else, it won't work. I want it to go to my login page and login.

This may be easy for some of you folks, but I'm stuck on it.

Thank you all in advance. I can see I will be learning a bit here over the next few weeks.

KDPINE.

Edited by kdpine

Look at this example <_<

#include <IE.au3>
$oIE=_IECreate("www.google.com)
_IENavigate($oIE,"www.yahoo.com")
Sleep(3000)
_IENavigate($oIE,"www.autoitscript.com")

Look in the help file, IE.au3 is what you need.

Just a note/complaint. I think the reason people miss this is because they do what I did. I used the online documentation for everything, but the UDFs only seem to be in the script editors help file. I googled all over, seeing people suggest that the help file be read, meanwhile I was looking at the online documentation shouting, "WHERE IS IT?!" If it is online, I sure as hell couldn't find it.

This worked great. I edited it a bit. Thatnks for the qwik help. I was struggling with the help files and looking in the forums. Finally I fell to my knees begging and sobbing for help.

Tank you berry, berry much.

Look at this example <_<

#include <IE.au3>
Sleep(3000)

Is there a way I can have auto it wait until the web page loads before it enters the user credentials? The way I have it now I put in 5 or 7 second pauses, but sometimes it's not long enough.

Thank you for the input.

KD

Look at this example <_<

#include <IE.au3>
Sleep(3000)

_IECreate() and _IENavigate() will pause until it loads, but you'll have to use _IELoadWait() after clicking on a link or submiting a form, for example.

Edited by Nahuel

I have created this script to login to our Citrix farm. It all works pretty good. It will connect to the web site pause 5 seconds to load then enter the credentials for the citrix login. I have it Tab 7 times, which will select the published app that will bring up a blank desktop to the application, I do an Alt F and enter to tell it to open the login page, enter another set of credentials which opens the app.

I had asked earlier about how to wait until the page loads without a specific time interval, but I am unsure about how apply that. I have tried a couple different ways that did not work. This is my script, any help in improving it will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

KD

#include <IE.au3>

$oIE=_IECreate("https://ourwebsite")

WinWaitActive("MetaFrame Presentation Server Log In - Microsoft Internet Explorer")

WinWaitActive("Untitled", "", 5)

Send("username")

Send("{Tab}")

Send("passw")

Send("{Enter}")

WinWaitActive("Untitled", "", 7)

Send("{Tab 7}")

Send("{Enter}")

WinWaitActive("Untitled", "", 7)

Send("!f")

Send("{Enter}")

WinWaitActive("SignIn")

Send("usern")

Send("{Tab}")

Send("passw")

Send("{Enter}")

_IECreate() and _IENavigate() will pause until it loads, but you'll have to use _IELoadWait() after clicking on a link or submiting a form, for example.