What can i do when i can not get control's handle?

gzken

I have got a problem.

I use autoit to automate an external program. I use autoinfo tool to get control's information such as treeviews and tab, but i can just get the panel's information which outside the controls as container, so i can not get the control's handle...

For solving it, i use send("key") function, it work normally in foreground, however it's not work when launching by schedule in background...

how can i get the control's handle or send key in background??

ControlGetHandle()

ControlClick()

And you can always work with the classname, the controlID, etc...

Thanks for noticed my problem

I know what I should do to get control's handle and I tried, but it's no useful, waiting for other good idea...

Thanks for noticed my problem

I know what I should do to get control's handle and I tried, but it's no useful, waiting for other good idea...

I think that ControlGetHandle() or ControlSend() or ControlClick() are you best options as Nahuel said. Try using the Autoit window info tool that came with AutoIt. Maybe it will let you see the control name so that you can use the Control* functions.
My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

I think that ControlGetHandle() or ControlSend() or ControlClick() are you best options as Nahuel said. Try using the Autoit window info tool that came with AutoIt. Maybe it will let you see the control name so that you can use the Control* functions.

well, I have tried to get control's infomation by using AutoInfo.exe, but it could just give me the panel's information which outside the control as a container, so I use function WinGetClassList() to get all control's class name, and then use ControlGetHandle("title","","[class: classname]"), but I could not the control's handle.

<_<

• Moderators

well, I have tried to get control's infomation by using AutoInfo.exe, but it could just give me the panel's information which outside the control as a container, so I use function WinGetClassList() to get all control's class name, and then use ControlGetHandle("title","","[class: classname]"), but I could not the control's handle.

<_<

1. It looks like you're using the wrong method for the ClassNameNN to get the handle.

2. WinGetClassList only returns the controls and not their instance. So if I have a class name of Edit and their was only one, I know for sure my ClassNameNN is Edit1.

3. The proper way to use the Class Name option for Control* functions is

ControlGetHandle("Title", "", "[CLASSNN:Edit1]")

4. I find it rather appalling that you bother to ask for help, and provide absolutely nothing to help you with, ie... any type of real code, and or the applications name.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

1. It looks like you're using the wrong method for the ClassNameNN to get the handle.

2. WinGetClassList only returns the controls and not their instance. So if I have a class name of Edit and their was only one, I know for sure my ClassNameNN is Edit1.

3. The proper way to use the Class Name option for Control* functions is

ControlGetHandle("Title", "", "[CLASSNN:Edit1]")

4. I find it rather appalling that you bother to ask for help, and provide absolutely nothing to help you with, ie... any type of real code, and or the applications name.

Thanks for your help and sorry for bothered you, maybe it's not appropriate to describe the details...

I will try, thanks.