AutoIT fails to execute with Windows Remote Console

Hi

I have been trying to Install a software using Microsoft Remote Console -- mstsc.exe /console

So I trigger the installation and then close the Remote console window.

And then when I reopen it I see that the first Window from which it should start the automated install is still open

and as I just opened the window it detects the presence of the window and continues with the script.

So the script is in a suspended state untill I connet to my remote client.

Now the interactivity is maintained all the time since the user is logged in that remote machine but somehow I feel that the script also wants me to open the console window.

I tried OpenSSH too to execute remote commands to install the script but it worked 2 out of 3 times and the 1 time it failed it was the same behavior again and I had to connect to the console in order for the script to proceed.

As i am working on a very critical automated install , failure to install even once has a large domino effect.

Please help me with any suggested work around

while WinActive("InstallShield Wizard","WARNING: This progra") == 0

If WinActive("InstallShield Wizard","Click Details to dis") Then

SendMail("abd@xyz.com","Installation fail","Installation PreReq Test failed")

Exit

endIf

if WinExists("InstallShield Wizard","WARNING: This progra") == 0 Then

ContinueLoop

Else

WinActivate("InstallShield Wizard","WARNING: This progra")

EndIf

WEnd

I know the "polling" loop was not required and something like this

If WinActive("InstallShield Wizard","Click Details to dis") Then

WinActivate("InstallShield Wizard","WARNING: This progra")

but the latter did not work so I was extra sure..

Please Help!!!!!

Are you running the process from your machine, or the other one?

Q9. How can I run my script on a remote computer over the network?

A1. The answer to this question depends on how much experience you have in networking. If the target system is a Windows 2000 or Windows XP Pro system that you have administrator access to, then you may use one of the following programs:

* PsExec from SysInternals

* BeyondExec from BeyondLogic

With either of these programs it is possible to launch any process on a remote system, and even copy your script to the target computer before starting it. Neither these programs nor any others will work with Windows XP Home Edition unless you create a custom "command listener" that you manually install on the target system.

NOTE: Those of you with more advanced programming skills and a little imagination can figure out how to use the service control libraries and srvany.exe to do this same thing without either of the above mentioned programs.

Are you running the process from your machine, or the other one?

Q9. How can I run my script on a remote computer over the network?

A1. The answer to this question depends on how much experience you have in networking. If the target system is a Windows 2000 or Windows XP Pro system that you have administrator access to, then you may use one of the following programs:

* PsExec from SysInternals

* BeyondExec from BeyondLogic

With either of these programs it is possible to launch any process on a remote system, and even copy your script to the target computer before starting it. Neither these programs nor any others will work with Windows XP Home Edition unless you create a custom "command listener" that you manually install on the target system.

NOTE: Those of you with more advanced programming skills and a little imagination can figure out how to use the service control libraries and srvany.exe to do this same thing without either of the above mentioned programs.

No my scope is not to run the script from my local machine in to the process space of the remote machine but I connect to the remote machine and then run the script from its local location so it should not make a difference.

I deleted your bug report of this very same topic.

Wait longer and either:

1. you'll get an answer on how to get this working

2. You'll get confirmation that it is a bug

3. You'll find out it's a limitation of the way it's being done.

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.