Script is too slow - any suggestions ?!

Armand

hey there, even though my script has a 100ms delay in it's main while loop it seems like it's a bit slow and huggs the CPU at 97-99%, i'd like to hear some suggestions as regarding to what should i check / change in order to make it more stable / less CPU eating script !!!

[u]My Au3 Scripts:[/u]____________(E)Lephant, A Share download manager (RS/MU etc)Http1.1 Console, The Ez Way!Internet Reconnection Automation Suite & A Macro Recording Tool.SK's Alarm Clock, Playing '.MP3 & .Wav' Files._________________Is GOD a mistake of the Humanity Or the Humanity is a mistake of GOD ?!

• Moderators

hey there, even though my script has a 100ms delay in it's main while loop it seems like it's a bit slow and huggs the CPU at 97-99%, i'd like to hear some suggestions as regarding to what should i check / change in order to make it more stable / less CPU eating script !!!

You're more than likely calling other functions even though you have a delay in the main loop. Those functions are what is bogging it down.

Go through your code (since it's mysteriously not here), and look at each function you call, and see how much work you do in each of them without taking a break.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

oky, will do !!!

-> my code isn't here since it's 5000+ lines of a code... abit in-appropriate to put in here....

[u]My Au3 Scripts:[/u]____________(E)Lephant, A Share download manager (RS/MU etc)Http1.1 Console, The Ez Way!Internet Reconnection Automation Suite & A Macro Recording Tool.SK's Alarm Clock, Playing '.MP3 & .Wav' Files._________________Is GOD a mistake of the Humanity Or the Humanity is a mistake of GOD ?!

• Moderators

-> my code isn't here since it's 5000+ lines of a code... abit in-appropriate to put in here....

So you were just asking good coding practices with autoit?

There's an upload button, but you're right, I wouldn't have looked at it.

Besides, I read you're other thread, and the size of the code isn't the reason you aren't uploading it.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.