Search hard drive for a specific filename

Sorry to bring up an old subject...I was looking for ideas for automating the process of searching all connected drives using pure AutoIT.

@Valuater...Cool App

I have yet to see a 'pure autoit' solution that is anywhere as near as as fast as a wrapper around the

dir command, especially if you have a large drive to search and need to search for text within a file. This issue is a large reason why so many of these wrappers (built around dir or the windows shell) continue to persist and be utilized by folks more interested in getting things done than by worrying about the purity of their methods.

for general interactive file searches , agent ransack is a freeware util that supports regular expressions, there is also payware powergrep from jgsoft.

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.

Sorry to bring up an old subject...I was looking for ideas for automating the process of searching all connected drives using pure AutoIT.

@Valuater...Cool App

Hi,

Have you considered using/ modifying my "_FileListtoArrayNew", link in signature?

Not much different to DOS in speed, maybe 30-40% different?..

Best, randall