Creating Fantasy Sports Stat Tracker

savj14

This may be more of a Web Developing project than AutoIt. But I figured I'd run it by everyone here and see if this could be done.

For those unfamiliar with Yahoo's Stat Tracker, you log in and it will pull the stats for each player on your team. If they are in your lineup it will add/subtract the stats to your totals and if a player is not in your lineup it will not add/subtract the points. It will do the same for each Team in your league so that way you can always see what your Final Score is at any given time.

Here is my thought on how it would work(if possible):

1.) Log in using Yahoo ID.

2.) Select Fantasy League ID

3.) Select Fantasy Team

4.) Load League/Team Info

5.) Grab the Stats(Real Time Updates if possible)

6.) Show Realtime Scores between all Team in the League.

Again, how hard of a task would this be?? Is this even possible?

Where do I even begin to start this project?

• Moderators

_IE * functions in the help file + String Parsing...

You've already got your steps, now you just have to learn how to use the functions... GL

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I've thought about doing this project before as well, the only thing that I've not done is find a good place to download real time stats, well and log into yahoo to download teams, but parsing that out would not be too hard.

If you know of a good place of where to download stats I'd be willing to throw some code together for this project.

Kerros

Kerros===============================================================How to learn scripting: Figure out enough to be dangerous, then ask for assistance.

I've thought about doing this project before as well, the only thing that I've not done is find a good place to download real time stats, well and log into yahoo to download teams, but parsing that out would not be too hard.

If you know of a good place of where to download stats I'd be willing to throw some code together for this project.

Kerros

Sounds good. I'd love to get this project going. Would an RSS Feed work for pulling real time stats.

Don't see why not, it would just have to be something that we can parse somehow

Kerros===============================================================How to learn scripting: Figure out enough to be dangerous, then ask for assistance.

I've thought about that before as well, but we would be missing a bunch of stats from players that are not active atm. lets take this off-line for now, If you want I'll PM you my IM address and we can go from there