new here some Q

uda

hello!

I am new to autoit and have some Q.

first can you give me a link to good book for beginers from start?

can auto it be used as macro on web page?

I have web page that I need to fill in a line with text and check the result I need to read the words form a file and put them in the line in the web page and then need to press the send and wait for the result.

can it be done with auto it?

Thanks

Hallo and Welcome to the Forums.

To start off, you can look at AutoIt 1-2-3, which is a great place to start along with reading through the help file, it will work wonders...

Yes, from what I can understand, that is possible. Have a look at the _IE functions in the help file while you're at it.

hello!

I am new to autoit and have some Q.

Welcome to AutoIt! <_<

first can you give me a link to good book for beginers from start?

There is no book on AutoIt that I know of. Some books on general Admin scripting for Windows do make mention, but gernerally not much and out of date (one claims AutoIt can't use COM objects, a capability it gained long ago). The help file that comes with AutoIt, however is excellent, and includes a short tutorial. Every function includes a short demo script you can run and edit to try it out. Start with the help file.

can auto it be used as macro on web page?

I have web page that I need to fill in a line with text and check the result I need to read the words form a file and put them in the line in the web page and then need to press the send and wait for the result.

can it be done with auto it?

Thanks

AutoIt is now packaged with a User Defined Function (UDF) file called IE.au3 by Dale Hohm. The functions are all listed in the help file (use the Index tab and look for _IE functions). As with everything else there are many great examples in the help file. Your function sounds pretty simple, like about 10 lines of code.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law