I am New to AutoIt

Patil

Hi All,

I am very new to this autoit tool, how can i automate the login application.

Do we have a option like record and play back in this tool and where we will get the result of the executed script.

I m very glad to get the response from you people

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh Patil

The SciTE editor (which you are using unless you are an AutoIt masochist) has the AU3Recorder (Alt-F6).

<_<

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

The SciTE editor (which you are using unless you are an AutoIt masochist) has the AU3Recorder (Alt-F6).

<_<

Hi, thanks for the info, i m unable to find the result of the script (Result Window) to validate whether it is passed or failed. Please help me for this.

Hi, thanks for the info, i m unable to find the result of the script (Result Window) to validate whether it is passed or failed. Please help me for this.

What result window? The resulting script is displayed in SciTE, where you started AU3Recorder.

Whether what passed or failed? What are you logging into? What do you expect for results from a successful login? Maybe it's time to post some code or explain exactly what you want to do...

<_<

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

AutoIt Does not have an easy syntax, such as a Login($user,$pass) command that will return how it works. You have to make the code to do that. You have to code it to type in the user name and password, and then check the window/webpage to see if it worked.

That is the joy of coding.

To start you out, look in the help file for tutorials.

-I3unz

Monkeh.

There are several things that will help you on your way.

Step 1 - The helpfile.

The autoit helpfile is very extensive, and will serve as your best friend through any coding experience. You can access the helpfile HERE, and you will also find it in your "Program Files>Autoit3" folder.

Step 2 - Welcome to Autoit 1-2-3

This is an excellent tutorial made entirely in Autoit by our very own Valuater. It does a great job of explaining the basics of autoit, as well as demonstrating some of it's capabilities.

Get it HERE

Step 3 - The forum

You're on it right now! <_<

This is one of the most friendly and active communities I've found, and a very large percentage of regulars here are pretty smart. If you have a problem that you can't solve, check here if the helpfile doesn't help you enough. But please remember, SEARCH before you post. And be sure to be thorough and detailed when you do post.

Good luck!! and have fun! :)

(I feel like i've said this before...)

What result window? The resulting script is displayed in SciTE, where you started AU3Recorder.

Whether what passed or failed? What are you logging into? What do you expect for results from a successful login? Maybe it's time to post some code or explain exactly what you want to do...

:P

In other tool like Winrunner and QTP we have a seperate result window, after execution of script it is going to display the result of that script whether it has passed or failed. If it is failing in password while login it is going to display the rsult as fail in that password field.

Is their any option in AutoIt like QTP or Winrunner result window.

• 1 month later...

In other tool like Winrunner and QTP we have a seperate result window, after execution of script it is going to display the result of that script whether it has passed or failed. If it is failing in password while login it is going to display the rsult as fail in that password field.

Is their any option in AutoIt like QTP or Winrunner result window.

I'm a well-expirianced QTP user and I started using Autoit just lately.

If you want to get reports such as Pass/Fail you need to create ur own report and actions functions, such as ClickOnButton Func, I made such funcs and they get the button name and click on it, and gives me a pass/fail depending if the button existed+not disabled+no errors occured.. with the appropriate report attached to each failure and each time I want to click a button its as easy as 'ClickOnButton("Ok")' and in the end I get "Click on Button: 'Ok' - Operation Successul"