any idea for the adminstrator's pass change

I wrote this ages ago to quickly change admin pass on my winxp box ,but havent tested it on win2k tell me if it works ?

Only thing is that you obviously have to be admin to use it :)

$password = InputBox("    Novasoft - Admin Password Reset", "            Please enter a new local admin password.", "", "*", 300, 100)
$passwordchk = InputBox("    Novasoft - Admin Password Reset", "                     Please re-enter the password.", "", "*", 300, 100)

if $password = $passwordchk then

RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & 'net user administrator ' & $password, "", @SW_HIDE)

else 

SplashTextOn("Novasoft - Admin Password Reset", "The passwords you entered did not match ", 200, 50, -1, -1, 0, -1, 10, "", )
Sleep(3000)
SplashOff()

endif

Edit:Just realised I left the Novasoft name in my title just a joke :)

Edited by nova

if $password = $passwordchk then

should be

if $password == $passwordchk then

or it wont see different case.

$password = 'ABC'

$passwordchk = 'abc'

if $password = $passwordchk then ;they are the same.

if $password == $passwordchk then ;they are not the same.

Guest Py7|-|[]/\/

I take a computer class at school... Is there anyway that I can change the password of the "Guest" account through the systems registry on a win xp computer? While in a non-admin account.

I take a computer class at school... Is there anyway that I can change the password of the "Guest" account through the systems registry on a win xp computer? While in a non-admin account.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So basically, you want to hack into your school computer, right? I am not sure anyone on this board will tell you how to do that, but as most competent computer users know, once you have access to the keyboard, the computer is yours.

You can check out Winternals ERD Commander at: http://www.winternals.com/products/repaira...002.asp?pid=erd if you really want to do it. Just be sure to send us a postcard from prison.

Microsoft security is full of holes, but the guys at Richmond have covered this one... Apart from seriously hacking with tools such as the one mentionned in the previous post, you have little chances.

Of course sometimes Guest can change its own password...

CheersNobby

Guest Py7|-|[]/\/

The only reason I want to do it, is because if I have the Guest account password, I can log onto another inactive computer at the same time >< I'm not trying to hack anything, all I want to do is change the default one, (which I don't know), so that I can have 2X's the amount of programs running at one time. (The computers are crappy and VERY slow).