New user struggling to automate web interface

markpg

Hello automation fans.

This is my first experience of AutoIt. I'm using it to automate a sequence of actions on a web interface (Macromedia JRun). My knowledge of web programming is ... threadbare. So having got in my excuses up front, I hope someone can help with the following:

I was hoping to use the <IE.au3> library functions to retrieve pointers to objects on the interface.

On the login page, all went well. I looked at View -> Source and found (for example) the id="username" field. I was able to use _IEGetOjbFromId() to get a pointer to the 'Username' field and then use _IEAction to do my stuff.

Having logged in to the service, the browser presents two frames. Looking at the source, however, there don't seem to be any names or ids for the various controls; there is a <head>...</head> section and a <frameset>... containing

<frame src = "framenav.jsp" ... > and <frame src = "framedetail.jsp" ...>.

There are lots of controls in the frames I would like to interact with but how do I get pointers to them?

Also, _IEFrameGetCollection lets you get a frame by index instead of name.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble