Run Script from website and write file

Hi guys,

First I will thank all guys from helping out with the previous questions from this noob

I learned a lot in a few days by studying the helpfiles & examples found here on the forum

but right now I'm stucked with the next problem

I can run a .exe file made with AutoIt and placed on my website that copy a file from the website to the computer of the person (member of the club) who ask for that file

the member has to give his name and pasword before getting the file copied

But I cant find a way of let that same exe-file write a file on my ftp-site (like a log file) where i can see who asked for the file and when (date)

making the file is no problem but it seems that writing to the ftp-directory doesn't work

i can write to a map on the computer of the member but not on my own site (ftp-adress)

thanks

ysengrim

This .exe is downloaded to, and running on the client, and you gave them write permissions to the log file back on the server? Sounds like a dangerous hack full of security holes.

Why isn't your server-side scripting just logging the event on your end? What does the .exe have to write back to the FTP server for?

<_<

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

This .exe is downloaded to, and running on the client, and you gave them write permissions to the log file back on the server? Sounds like a dangerous hack full of security holes.

Why isn't your server-side scripting just logging the event on your end? What does the .exe have to write back to the FTP server for?

<_<

The members are mostly bad computers users - I mean they are not very familiar with a computer.

And If I ask them to copy files from one place to another they sometimes do things wrong

So I use "Set-Up Generator" for packing all the files in one exe-file so they only have to click on a button on the website and the files unpack them on the right submaps of the program we all use without the danger that they do someting wrong.

In the past I often have to drive to their homes to reinstall the program or help them with mistakes they made

The method of making an exe file is working well and everbody is happy except the problem that some guys give there pasword further to others.

because i'm using a free website-space (that came with the internet-package) i can't make the security for the webpage for members waterproof so I thought

If I can put a file in the directory of the program with a string-value so I don't have to make a security for the website-page and when they run the -exe file for unpacking files it can do a check of the user is autorised to see the content

If I simple make the exe file secure with a pasword they still can give that pasword to others too so my plan was to give only acess to 1 computer for each member

So I tought making a new -exe file (script) running from the website that ask them to enter a name and pasword they want to use

and that exe file does 2 things

1) make that file on their computer with the input they gave

2) give me a log file so I could see who wants to use the download for the program

If somebody got a better idea please share it

this was the only thing I could think of to secure my data for onauthorised downloads

thanks

To protect file itself is not good enough because people give their password to others

that the same level of my secure the internet page

They only way is to let the 1 pasword only work with 1 computer

thats why I try something else