PPlayer - The comfortable way of listening music (pplayer.org opened)

Pascal257

PPlayer is a media player offering many amazing features. It combines Podcasts,Streaming and an intuitive music search in a user designed interface.

Just started its able to play nonstop music without any input from the user. It analyses the current song and searches in the database for a song matching the parameters of the user.

This search is highly optimizeable for the user from its own interface also holding a manual search input.

For those who directly want a link: http://kuehne-its.de/index.php/pplayer

The rest gets a list of features first followed by some screenshots:

The links lead you to PPlayer's Wiki for explanations. You're welcome to submit Wiki-articles explaining more features.

Features (This list is related to the latest version 0.9, but many features are still missing):

• Autosearch:

PPlayer is able to search songs automatically. Everytime a song is loaded it will (when activated) search for a song matching the parameters.

You can choose that it looks for the same Artist/Album/Genre or for a similar band (information by last.fm).

• Podcast:

PPlayer is able to subcribe a podcast and download/play podcasts. The notify-funcion notifies the user on a change of the podcast (like a new one).

• Stream:

It's possible to listen to streams with PPlayer. You may copy the address of the stream and enter it onto the Stream-GUI of PPlayer. Pressing play will connect to the stream and play it.

• Database:

For the search-functions PPlayer uses a SQL (sqlite) Database. It holds any information about songs on the harddisk. Its recommended to let the database search for songs on the harddisk for PPlayer to work correctly.

• Playlist:

The playlist of PPlayer holds the songs to play. You can organize them with the buttons below. Doubleclicking an item will play it, but you can also click an item and press "Play". Selecting an item and clicking "Rate" can change the rating of a song.

• Statistic:

One of the new released features is PPlayer - Statistic. Its a special database logging the songs the user hears. Then you can open the statistic and take a look what you heared. You can sort them by "Artist/Genre/Album/Track" and by time "Lifetime/Month/Week/Day".

• SongView:

PPlayer - SongView uses the Statistic and publishes it. You can put a profile onto your forum-signature or your blog that shows your currently heard song and your "Top Artist/Album/Track".

• Skins (XSkin):

PPlayer comes with 20 skins available in the settings.

• Lyrics:

GUI showing the lyrics of a choosen (typically the current) song.

• Customizable GUI

You can easily change the position of a button or a label on the MainGUI and the PlayMode GUI using Koda

• AutoSelect:

Autoselect is a combination of the search and autosearch.

• AutoUpdate:

PPlayer runs an updater on every start. It queries a homepage and asks for the file time information. If a file on the pc is older than one on the net it will update the file.

• Search:

You can enter some keywords onto the searchinput and PPlayer will list matching songs. (like google ^^) (Syntax: Keyword1 Keyword2 or Keyword1 -Keyword2 excluding Keyword2)

• URL Protocol:

You can also link shows via pplayer://part.to/the.file

• Settings:

Of course, PPlayer has settings where you can choose anything. If you want to have an item added to the settings, please contact me. The settings also hold information about the songview (URL's,Nickname)

• CmdLine/Explorer:

You can add songs to PPlayer via Windows Explorer doubleclicking a songfile supported by PPlayer (normally mp3/wma/ogg/wav etc).

• Traymode:

If you minimize PPlayer it goes into Traymode. You can still control PPlayer using the Trayicon.

• Animation:

PPlayer uses XSkin to animate the startup of PPlayer.

• Transparation:

You can change the transparation of PPlayer in the settings. (It makes the GUI lookthrough <_<)

• MSN:

PPlayer automatically changes your statustext in MSN when you hear a song. The default text is "%t - %a - %i (PPlayer)". %* will be replaced with: %t: Title, %i: Interpreter, %a: Album and %g: Genre.

• Bugreport:

The user to report a bug directly from the player making the development easier.

For more information take a look on the Wiki of PPlayer:

http://pplayer.wiki.sourceforge.net

Or if you speak german you should take a look on the PPlayer Wikipedia-article:

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/PPlayer

Screenshots (Skin: Universal by big_daddy):

• The MainGUI in action:

Posted Image

• The PlayMode making life easier:

Posted Image

• The settings:

Posted Image

• The statistic:

Posted Image

• The MainGUI with AzuriX by big_daddy selected

Posted Image

• PPlayer SongView (Statue of my profile)

Posted Image

Download
  • Download PPlayer on www.pplayer.org

Latest Updates only on PPlayer.org

• Download Installer from SourceForge:

0.9.5 Installer/Updater

• Download Source package from SourceForge (including the required files but as .au3)

Please download the normal Installer/Updater - it now contains the source too.

• Download from AutoIt Forums:

pplayer.au3

Its highly recommended to download the latest file from SourceForge!!

And I beg you to use SourceForge due to decrease the traffic of AutoIt.

Links:License:
  • PPlayer is a media player offering many amazing features. It combines Podcasts,Streaming and an intuitive musicsearch in a user designed interface.

Copyright © 2007 Pascal Kühne

This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.

• For a list of contributors please visit:

http://pplayer.wiki.sourceforge.net/Contributors

• The whole GNU General Public License:

http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html

Descriptions:
  • PPlayer - Quality as Opensource

I use PPlayer since the release and I must say:

The development of this programme is amazing.

Where there were bugs and a difficult handling you can now see your self-made design and a usability that offers unequalled opportunities.

Music, Podcasts, Streamingradio, everything you want is only a few clicks away. But PPlayer isnt glutted with features. You only find what you want.

Those features you dont need you wont even recognize. And last but not least PPlayer is opensource so youre secure from spying by the great media concerns.

What are you waiting for? Get PPlayer and youll never regret!

Dastum, one of the supporting end-users
  • PPlayer ist darauf ausgelegt, die Musikstücke möglichst selbstständig auszuwählen. Es muss nicht wie bei anderen Playern jedes Lied einzeln ausgesucht werden. PPlayer legt eine Datenbank an, in der alle Musikstücke, die sich auf einem Computer befinden, mitsamt allen verfügbaren Informationen gespeichert werden. Wählt der Benutzer nun ein Lied aus, sucht PPlayer nach ähnlichen Liedern und reiht diese automatisch in die Playlist ein. Der Benutzer kann auswählen, ob Lieder des gleichen Genres, ähnlicher Bands oder nur der Band gespielt werden sollen. Der Benutzer kann so bei minimalem Bedienaufwand viel Musik hören.

German Wikipedia

News/ChangeLog
  • PPlayer 0.9 released

PPlayer is a media player offering many amazing features. It combines Podcasts,Streaming and an intuitive musicsearch in a user designed interface.

Just started its able to play nonstop music without any input from the user. It analyses the current song and searches in the database for a song matching the parameters of the user.

This search is highly optimizeable for the user from its own interface also holding a manual search input.

The new version 0.9 introduces some interesting features:

The top position of the long list of changes got the revived design. In early days of PPlayer the interface looked really boring, but now the users get some utils to make their own interface:

0.9 goes along with 20 Skins which can be easily enhanced and be made available by and for the community. Furthermore the user is able to change the position of the controls on the interface.

For example some users could like a bigger cover display. They can easily change the size of the cover label and then also submit their change to the community.

If a skin or kxf (Interfacechange) is accepted by the community it may reach the top position of the list and thus default skin. An intelligent algorithm makes this possible.

Someone installing PPlayer will now download the best skin during the installation. If they dislike the skin they can just change the skin.

The next important features is the statistic in the 0.9 package. It creates tables using information logged by a database to inform the user of his music behavior.

The development of PPlayer is actually implementing a feature called "AutoMode" or "24/7-playing":

It uses the statistic to optimize the search automatically.

PPlayer - SongView takes the collected information and creates a profile for the user. This profile can be implemented into a blogpost or a forum-signature and will inform the reader of the current song played or the behavior of the user.

This is useful in little communities, where just everybody's friends or in topic related forums (Band forums, Music forums, Genre forums etc...)

Each change can be taken from the change log and each feature of PPlayer with a description can be found on the wiki.

Have fun testing and enjoying PPlayer,

Pascal

This should explain many things but if you still have questions or comments please post them here.

For bug reports and feature requests you may use the Tracker.

I want include that I just wanted to release 0.9 now and that its possible that some things are missing. Please contact me if you notice strange things on the wiki for example.

As upcoming feature I'm including plugin support so its easier to add features to PPlayer for other developers. On that way I'd like to say that everyone is welcome who wants to help modifying PPlayer.

PPlayer is now under development of Kühne IT-Solutions.

I will revive it asap.

greetings,

Pascal

Edited by Pascal257

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

says "The Skin_Folder was not found."

If you're using a firewall you may allow PPlayer to access the net due to download a skin.

You tried restarting PPlayer?

But thanks for submitting this. I just thought this might become a problem and now it is... I'll fix this soon.

greetings,

Pascal

Edit: Well I just tested the installer and it worked perfectly for me. It downloaded the current skin and loaded.

Could you describe what happened before the error occuring?

Edit2: OK I found the problem. It was on the Webbackend. It should work now.

Edited by Pascal257

• 3 weeks later...

Just released 0.9.2 beta...

• Plugins

PPlayer is now pluginable. (This feature will be finally introduced and documented on 0.9.5 beta)

• More skins

There are now more than 40 Skins available

• Icons

PPlayer now comes with an iconset made by i542 (thanks!!) and some more iconsets will hopefully come soon (chooseable on settings)

• kxf-files

2 kxf-files are available for the MainGUI now chooseable on the settings

• Some small bugfixes and changes

Screens:

MainGUI Design: Default

post-21692-1196180884_thumb.jpg

MainGUI Design: Large

post-21692-1196180898_thumb.jpg

You might give me some feedback...

Edited by Pascal257

0.9.2.5 beta available!

Download: Here

The new version has an updater-plugin replacing the old autoupdater.

The plugin got his own GUI showing latest news and information regarding the update. Now its possible to start an update manually and activate/deactivate the autoupdate function.

There was a bug crashing PPlayer on Startup if PPlayer was installed in a directory with spaces eg. "c:/program files". That bug got fixed beside some other bugfixes and small changes.

One bug is still crashing PPlayer when closing it. But I'm working on it.

Thanks for the whole feedback :P

greetings,

Pascal

Edit:

Here's a screenshot of the new Updater plugin:

post-21692-1196281555_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pascal257

Just released 0.9.2 beta...

• Plugins

PPlayer is now pluginable. (This feature will be finally introduced and documented on 0.9.5 beta)

• More skins

There are now more than 40 Skins available

• Icons

PPlayer now comes with an iconset made by i542 (thanks!!) and some more iconsets will hopefully come soon (chooseable on settings)

• kxf-files

2 kxf-files are available for the MainGUI now chooseable on the settings

• Some small bugfixes and changes
(...)

You might give me some feedback...

Didn't I told you not to credit me on AutoIt forums? I am destroyed now!!!

Just kidding... :P glad I could help out...

Edited by i542

I can do signature me.

Just released 0.9.3

Its a temporary release on the way to the big plugin-update with 0.9.5...

The Updaterplugin is now able to update plugins and got some further modifications...

Download: Sourceforge

i542 is working on some darker icons available with the next update so stay tuned ;)

greetings,

Pascal

New icons are done. Please try to make next release one that works. :P

I can do signature me.

0.9.4 is now available for download.

Its recommended to reinstall PPlayer due to some minor changes.

The new version fixes some minor bugs but also introduces some new features:

- PlayList enhancement:

The playlist got a big enhancement. It's now possible to Drag'n'Drop songs. The playlist is now much faster, but has to be tested: Itself its in beta.

- New icons:

The old iconset contains now every icon requiered (No buttons on GUI left) and a new iconset has been added and made default. Thanks i542 for the nice icons!

- Stream-Plugin:

The new version introduces the Stream-Plugin making PPlayer able to listen to Net-Streams (Net-Radios).

- Bugfixes:

Some minor bugs got fixed in this version. The most significant bugfix is the remove of the crash on exit. Wherefore the debugger was disabled and the updater now longer has the IE-Obj until the error isn't fixed.

I also try to fix the fileassociation, but its actually not fully featured in the version. (But it should run)

- Other changes:

The statusbar is now defaultly disabled but you can enable it in the settings.

Download here

MainGUI with Metal-Icoset, Default-kxf and new uservoted defaultskin Gray-electric-1 by Valuater:

Posted Image

Have fun,

Pascal

Edited by Pascal257

Well I got to thinking...

And I'd really like for us to try to work together instead of compete...

Competition is fun, but my goal, and probably your goal, is to create the best media player for AuotIT...

I really would like for you to consider working with me to help the development...

Tell me what you think...

[center][/center]

We may discuss that on AIM/ICQ. I'm really interested in a alliance working on an awesome player. But that one should be basicly a new one because I think noone of us would leave his player to join the other development. Merging the players is possible, but I need to see the source to see if its possible ^^

Thats because I started the Sourceforge page. For a community working on the player. And it works: I already got 4 ppl working on PPlayer with either working on the design, giving me ideas or directly code something neat (rare..)

greetings,

Pascal

I like the idea of a new plaeyer... I'd would like to start a whole new player with you, all functions that do no reside to AuthMod, or the Library will be open for you to view... Ill have to email them to you or something...

[center][/center]

Warning! Some mayor bugfixes incoming :)

Due to the fact that soo many people helped me developing this version I was able to fix more bugs than in any other version. So thanks to everybody contributing PPlayer! Stay tuned ^_^

For those who think uhm yeah I want to help developing PPlayer too the new version has a fitting plugin for you.

Its called BugReport and actually carries a list of links to the Tracker of PPlayer @ Sourceforge.

But the most important new feature is the PluginSystem. Its introduced in this version and ready for testing.

Screenshot:

Posted Image

As you can see it comes with a list showing the plugins available and giving some information about them.

Doubleclicking a plugin will display more detailed information in the edit below.

Checking/Unchecking a plugin will enable or disable. Plugins will automatically be downloaded if they dont exist.

I said that I fixed many bugs in this new version. Heres a list of them:

1. Links writeable on SongView-Tab

The user was able to change the links. That wasnt intended to be possible.

2. Chinese OS error

3. Playlist scrolling (not approved)

4. SongInfodisplay showing strange timeinfo

5. PPlayer playing next song but showing info of last song

6. Smoother startup due to saving some inputs from PHP-Backend

7. Readded Offline- Msg for SongView

The links will direct you to the bug-tracker of Sourceforge for detailed information.

At the end of the list of changes I want to announce the I modified the time requiered before a song rating is increased and its heard that means its counted in the statistic.

In earlier it needed 50% of the time played. Now its 83,33%.

Note: This version is not available through the Updater because its still flagged as beta. Its working but not stable. I recommend using this version due to the significant bugfixes.

Download here

Have fun,

Pascal

Original @ Wordpress

Just wanted to include two screens illustrating the 06.12:

post-21692-1197322841_thumb.jpg

->

post-21692-1197322812_thumb.jpg

You can see PPlayer's stats @ Sourceforge here

Edited by Pascal257

Well it appears you're media player will cary on, while mine will fall behind, I'm dropping the project...

If someone would like maybe they could decompile it somehow so that it becomes open soucre....

:)

Well good luck there Pascal257....

[center][/center]