Completely New!

Ok, first before anything, i downloaded autoIT i dont know where in it i can start writing scripts, and second, where can i find a guide that is basic for starters (like people with no scripting expireince) to people who are very good with AutoIT. I know this is a bad first post, but Hi! And thank you in advance!

First of all, welcome to the AutoIt forums...

Here are some good starters

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21048

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...9434&hl=Lxp

Also, in the helpfile that comes with AutoIt installation, look for the tutorials.

Some tipes:

Before asking questions always try searching for it on the forums or in the helpfile, keeps repeated questions down.

Make sure you post in the right sub forum (the two main one's for help are General Help and GUI support (GUI's are the windows you create)

That's about it... hope you enjoy learning!

My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

Well the editor you will be most likely using is SciTE. You can find it on the start menu under AutoIt. If you open the AutoIt help file from the start menu, you will see a FAQ and a function reference. There is an example script for almost every function you can run directly from the help file. You just click "Open this script" and SciTE will open. Then to run the script you just click Tools > Go.

Ok, first before anything, i downloaded autoIT i dont know where in it i can start writing scripts, and second, where can i find a guide that is basic for starters (like people with no scripting expireince) to people who are very good with AutoIT. I know this is a bad first post, but Hi! And thank you in advance!

Firstly, welcome to the forums!

There are several things that will help you on your way.

Step 1 - The helpfile.

The autoit helpfile is very extensive, and will serve as your best friend through any coding experience. You can access the helpfile HERE, and you will also find it in your "Program Files>Autoit3" folder.

Step 2 - Welcome to Autoit 1-2-3

This is an excellent tutorial made entirely in Autoit by our very own Valuater. It does a great job of explaining the basics of autoit, as well as demonstrating some of it's capabilities.

Get it HERE

Step 3 - The forum

You're on it right now! <_<

This is one of the most friendly and active communities I've found, and a very large percentage of regulars here are pretty smart. If you have a problem that you can't solve, check here if the helpfile doesn't help you enough. But please remember, SEARCH before you post. And be sure to be thorough and detailed when you do post.

Good luck!! and have fun! :)

Edited by Paulie